Canon PF vs BF

SmoothBore

Reaction score
Greetings from New Brunswick Canada,

After browsing Jessies site and this forum I now have the homebrew itch.  Having assembled all the parts except the camera, I am curious if anyone has noticed much of a difference between the Canon PF (autofocus) and the Canon BF(fixed focus).  Since there is a distinct difference in price I am hoping someone might be able to share their experiences.

Thanks!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
SmoothBore

I think the only real difference is the Flash, PF stands for Power Flash and there is a difference, someone posted 2 pix's and it was easy to see the difference.

I'm pretty sure most of us defeat the AutoFocus by using a Glass Lens cover in our housing that blocks the beam.

Where have you found the BF?  havent seen it in our Wal-Marts lately

Tinhorn

gtk

Reaction score
PF lens is 35 mm
BF lens is 25 mm
F-stop is different, but don't know how it effects performance.

SmoothBore

Reaction score
Tinhorn,

There seem to be plenty of the BF's up here at Walmart & Zellers.  The new BF's indicate an 11 yard flash which would be similar to the PF.  

As well our Walmart just started stocking the Canon AF-7S which is basically the Canon PF.  The only problem I'm finding is that nobody has the date models.

I guess if we are covering up the autofocus sensor than the BF may be just as good.  Thanks for your input.  I did see the post you mentioned however it would be interesting to see a comparison without the flash since most of mine will be daylight pictures.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom