Canon Sure Shot 60 zoom

trjones

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to wire the Canon Sure Shot 60 Zoom.  Are they the same as the owl and does the zoom hinder it in any way?

shufigo

Reaction score
HHmm. Don't see any way that you can waterproof the rig and still leave room for the zoom....

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
It can be done, same as with the s200 & 100 from what I understand. Talk to Brian or AEH.

bat

Reaction score
Hey shufigo or anybody, reckon a short piece of hose say like a vacuum hose with a UV glued on the end work for a zoom?  The flexible hose would go out with the zoom lens as it move forward.  Just a thought!  bat

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
I'm sure ther are a bunch of ways of doing it.   I made a spacer the width I needed and cut the hole for the lens and flash, then attached it to the front cover.  It seals off the flash and holds the camera off the front as well.  I used styrofoam and lined the inside of the lens sleeve with opaque tape to prevent the flash from coming through the styrofoam.  it was really thin in that area and the flash came through the foam, not around it.    Brian made a sleave for his out od some type of plastic.  both work well.   Jaber has one too but I don't remember how he did his.

INshedpicker

Reaction score
I'm sure it would work, I was tempted to try one similar(never did though).  What attracted me to the zoom cameras was many have flash ratings approaching 50 feet.  Not to mention that the camera you're talking about probably goes for less than a PF on Ebay, and the flash power is likely very similar.  It makes sense that if you're gonna take pics farther away, you'll need more flash to cover the distance.  I would love to see the results from this venture!

Top Bottom