Canon Sure Shot Owl PF Question

ETexTim

Reaction score
On the Canon Sure Shot Owl PF I have found that I must manually set the flash on everytime I pwr cycle the cam.  Is there a way to force the flash on every time I pwr the cam on?  Forgive me if this has been discussed before.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi ETexTim,

There is no way to make the PF power up in Force Flash Mode I don't think but when the cam is in the enclosure it will always Flash unless you cut-out the light sensor holes.  (it always thinks it's dark and autoflash does it's thing)

Most of us only cutout holes for the Lens and Flash and ignore the Auto-Focus and Auto-Flash sensors and don't have any problems

Tinhorn

ETexTim

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick follow up.  I was thinking of that, but I'm also lazy. :sleep: I just wanted to carve out one big hole in my box and cover it with a single piece of glass, basically having the entire front of the cam exposed.  I find it annoying/tedious (this goes back to me being lazy) to have to to make sure the lense and flash are aligned in two little holes when one big hole will do.  I guess a little electrical tape ove the sensors will do the job.  :sunglasses-yellow:

shufigo

Reaction score
ETex, I'm thinking that the "one big piece of glass" approach will make it harder for you to avoid the "flash bleed" into your pics.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
So will look like one or Arch's old cams.    

Sorry Archilolus,  lol.  

Pic from the Old vs new camera thread below.

ETexTim

Reaction score
Shufigo,

I am concerned about that but I'm gonna see if I can live with the "flash bleed" or work around/with it.

Toddp,

Well,mine might be funny lookin' but it's not gonna be FUGLY!:puke-blue:

ETexTim

(Edited by ETexTim at 4:25 pm on June 19, 2002)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Dang!  who made THAT uuuuugly thing!!  :-0

Knew it should have been left in the closet with the other skeletons...... ;-)

Archilochus

Top Bottom