canon sure shot

Coal30

Reaction score
are the Bf & PF The Same Camera and Wire Up The Same ?

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
COAL 30
THEY ARE NOT THE SAME CAMERA THERE ARE SOME DIFF. LIKE THE PF HAS STRONGER FLASH AND THE BF I BELIEVE HAS A FIXED FOCUS BUT IN MY OPINIO STILL TAKES A GOOD PIC.   THEY ARE WIRED EXACTLY THE SAME AND THEY ARE IDENTICAL INSIDE ON THE CIRCUIT BOARDS.   IN MY OPINION IF YOU DONT NEED THE DATE TIME ON PICS THEY WORK GREAT FOR LESS MONEY.

Coal30

Reaction score
Great Thanks   I Went and got a canon sure shot date PF   For $41.00 Im happy and i have it hooked up all ready "Wired"  TY

Stever

Reaction score
I was given a camera today, a Canon Sure Shot NOT an OWl but hey I am not complaining. It is auto focus autowind autoflash. Has anyone worked on one of these. Will it work and where do I wire? Thanks Steve

Stever

Reaction score
Davered1 Trying this for the first time at posting pics hopefull it works. Any help on this camera is appreciated.

Stever

Reaction score
This camera is still apart on my desk. Does anyone think it is workable?
Where do I wire?

abedford

Reaction score
My only suggestion: Put it together enough to make it functional and perform the "sleep mode" test.  Basically, just turn it on and let it sit this way for about 2 hours.  Walk up and push the shutter button down and see if it takes a picture.  If no picture is taken, your project just got more complicated (see all the posts about refresh pulses).  If it takes a picture, you should be OK.  Flash strength and picture quality would still be question marks, but you at least know that it will go FLASH in your unit.

Stever

Reaction score
test complete!2.5 hours later camera has not gone into sleep. Any idea where and what to wire. Solder in hand and ready to go. This camera has a lens that comes out when you press so I will adapt the box to fit.

Stever

Reaction score
knobby like yourself, new to the solder electronic thing. Man I need one of those pictures on my scree before I start to weld!
ANyways if anyone can help or tell me how I will post finished wiring.

Stever

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up again, it has been a few days now camera has not shut down. Can anyone help me in wiring this camera. I will try combo of wires or connections but what amI looking for?

Thanks

ONESHOT

Reaction score
Stever,

Post some more photos, and I'll try to help.  

Can you post get a bigger version of the bottom photo above (too small to see).  Also include pictures from the front of the camera (case removed), back of camera (case removed), outside top of the cover, and inside top of the cover.

Stever

Reaction score
here are some clearer pictures of the camera hope they are fast enough to load

Stever

Reaction score
Ok I have had just about enough of this camera so I soldered a lead to each of the four crosses. Not an easy thang to do! Any ways without film it fires once. Then nothing. Anythoughts if I put a roll of film in will it go to film advance and ready for the next shot?

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Stever,
OK .... I can't tell for sure what model cam that is, so all this could be wrong (can't hurt to try though) .....

You don't want to solder to all 4 "crosses"
1) Solder 1 wire to the trace that *surrounds* the "crosses" - this will be your "common" wire.
2) Solder 1 wire to any of the outer 3 "crosses" (they should all be connected by a trace) This will be your "1/2  press" shutter wire.
3) Solder 1 wire to the CENTER "cross"  - This is your "Full press" shutter wire.
4) Connect the "common" wire to the "1/2 press" wire, then connect both to the "full press" wire.  A picture should be taken - some cameras require that film be installed before they will do any flashes/film advances.

Since you found that the cam does not go to "sleep" - you should be able to tie the "1/2 press" and "full press" wires together (or just put a jumper in)  Then all you need to do is connect those tied together wires to the "common" wire and the cam should go off.

Let us know how it works out and what specific model cam it is - could make a new addition to the possible cams to use!

Good Luck and best of the season,
Archilochus

<<<<<<<<EDIT EDIT>>>>>>>>
I just realized that what you already did - soldering a wire to each of the 4 "crosses" - is the same as connecting the "1/2 press" and "full press" wires together (which I suggested as a possibility above)
Since you said this caused improper operation - maybe you should NOT use that method!  Sounds like you'll need to use ALL 3 wires and a DPDT relay (or 2 SPST relays)

(Edited by Archilochus at 9:04 am on Dec. 24, 2001)

Top Bottom