Canon sureshot supreme

dharter

Reaction score
I was able to modify the Canon sureshot supreme so that you can trigger it electronically.  I used the Canon owl pf date modifications on this site as a general guide.   The cameras are both sureshot so I thought the mods might be similar and they were.  I don't know much about this version of a canon, because I purchased  it used.  To modify it you take off the plastic viewfinder on the top rear of the camera.  The rubber shutter can then be removed.  there is another rubber button that you also remove.  The bottom of the rubber shutter has 3 circular raised areas  around the edge of the disk shaped shutter.  There is another circular raised area  in the center.  All of these raised areas have conductive coating on them.  When you press the shutter the 3 outer "buttons" make contact first.  They connect the refresh to the common connection.  Later the center contact connects the shutter to the common connector.  Then a picture is taken.  At that time both the shutter and refresh are connected to the common.  Near where the shutter is there are 3 small gold plated circular discs.  I soldered a wire to each of them.  One of the contacts is in ahard to reach area.  It is under a ribbon calbe and hidden.  You have to raise the ribbon cable to solder the contact.  I was afraid to try to disassemble the canon anymore.  I used tape to hold the ribbon cable away from the circuit board.  I also tried to protect the ribbon cable with some electrical tape while I soldered it.  4 hands might help here.  The discs are the shutter, refresh and common connections.  If you take a magnifying glass , you can figure out where the disc connects to the shutter circuit board contacts.  The refresh circuit board contact is the outer one; the middle one is the common; and the inner contact is the shutter.  

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Thanx for the detailed report,  great info

Tinhorn

Top Bottom