Can't figure out how to Modify.

dekalbbasketball

Reaction score
I am new and not very old and just started to make the homebrew camera.  I have the owl pf camera and have modified it already but cannot figure out how to modify the mainstay sensor.  I know there is a page for the Radio Shack one with pictures and it is almost the same, but i don't want to screw it up.  Does anyone have pictures of modify the mainstay sensor?  Thanks- Adam

davered1

Reaction score
Adam did you figure it out.

If you want to use the 5V relay like the one used with the RS PIR so you can use a lantern battery (6V) then hook up your relay like this. You do not have to remove everything missing from my board,just cutting one side of R3 does the same thing.

If you need more help just email me, I will help you through first PIR(first one is the hardest)

http://imagehosting.bidbay.com/image.php3?imgID=901960

Good luck ,Dave

dekalbbasketball

Reaction score
Thanks davered1!  I am hoping to get to work on it today.  I have my camera at my friend's house b/c he isgood with soldering i will see if i get  can to it today, but thanks again for the pictures and if i have any questions i will be sure to ask you!  

wolf

Reaction score
I just hooked up my ms20 with the reed 5v relay and was trying to decide how to go with the batteries what are my options as far as batteries

davered1

Reaction score
Wolf,

I would just go with the 6V lantern battery, everyone here says it will last 6 months.They fit inside a 6X6X4 PVC box to.

Thats what I use

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
davered1
it looks as if you removed resistor r2 from your pic.  then put trigger 2  in that hole. ive been using the 9v relay that fits the board exact am going to try the 5v relay you have picturedw with the 4 c batts to see how it does.   Make sense since r3 is cut.  if i have it right will you respond.   thanks alot

Tinhorn

Reaction score
SwampFoot,

I'm not Davered1 but I can help I think  :eat-burger:

When you remove all those excess components, it frees up some "Traces" under the board.  You will be soldering the Reed Relay's contact terminals to these empty traces and the camera trigger wires also comes off these same traces......

Remove all of these:

Red/Black/White Wires
Light Sensor (R22)
C1, disk cap
C2, orange Drop Cap
Relay
R3
R2 (2 watt)
R1

The easiest way to remove solder is to use solder wick,   RS part #   64-2090  Just hold the wick on the solder joint and heat with your iron, the solder melts and soaks up into the braid, the components will practially fall out by themselves.....

As far as batteries goes,  run the unit on 6volts,  a 6v lantern battery is real good,  4 AA's last 2 to 4 weeks,  4 c's last ,  well, instead of repeating,  look at the post "Another Battery ?"

Tinhorn

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
Exactly where does the camera trigger wires go as well as the other wires as I have only used the 9v relay before?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Davered1 shows where the camera trip wires go on his pix he posted above.  (they get connected to the relay contacts)

The batt (-) goes to L3 hole, where the original white wire WAS

Batt (+) can go in the hole farthest from the Motion Sensor Element where the Light Sensor (R22) WAS (the rite hole in Davered1's photo above)

Tinhorn

Top Bottom