Can't find Owl Pf,  Now what??

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
What are people useing for cameras since the Owl PFs have become scarce.  I like the time/date stamp and the other Canon cameras do not have this feature.  

Is anyone checking out cameras that are available?  

A friend , who is a detective for a local township, has asked me to build one of these cameras for police work.  I wouldn't mind doing it but I keep telling him the cameras are not around.

What is the future of this little project called "home-brew"?

Todd

gtk

Reaction score
You can still buy these cameras from amazon.com... At least they are listed there for $49.99

robNhood

Reaction score
I bought my first PF from Amazon.com. Thats not a bad price for the camera at all. Now I have 2 PF's, still in the box, just in case I need them down the road.

quackmaster

Reaction score
saw a canon owl pf on ebay
ends 4-13 if anyone is interested.
was found under "canon owl"

K

KMILLER

I used a Canon Owl BF for my first cam. Looking at the specs it is not quite as good a camera as the PF, but was only $30 at Walmart. The guts are the same as the PF as far as wiring modifications. The BF seems to have a 1-1/2 second delay after sitting a while. I put it out last week for the first time. I'll let you know how it works when I check it next week.I ordered a PF from Amazon this week for $49 plus shipping.

marmot

Reaction score
Let me get this straight, the Cannon owl puts the date and time both on the exposure.

Both at the same time, right?

What about a photo cell, could you use one to turn the flash on and off?

marmot

Reaction score
I have been using an Olympus Infinity Twin since they first came out. It even has the data back.

I see one of the trail camera manufacturers is using this same model in their units. Does anyone know how to modify the innards so it can be triggered externally for a homemade trail camera?

Top Bottom