Carbon Express Shafts

troll

Reaction score
The other day I broke 3 beman shafts by them glancing off the side of my black hole target while sighting in my new setup. These arrows have about 50 shots in them from last year. Is this normal? I'm thinking about changing to carbon express. They're advertised as being a little tougher. Anyone tried these that can give a review?

Thanks!

in2blacktail

Reaction score
I have been shooting carbon Express shafts for a long time. I have also shot the PSE carbons' as well. Both great shafts. On my next hunt I plan on shooting my Carbon Express 3-D pro's (300's) (+ -.001.)

Super straight and matched weight. They are the best shafts carbon Express offer. It shows too. I was shooting broadheads in the last few weeks and and have been dialed out to 50 yards.. Great for my confidence which is important.. They shoot great. They are pretty tough.. I would try keeping out of the dirt and rocks but they are pretty resilient..

Lots of guys are recomending the Easton Axis as a great durable hunting shaft. You might look into those as well.

For all around good speed and good kinetic energy, the Carbon Express work real well for me.

Good Luck.. Happy Hunting..

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
I am shooting the eston axis, I love them. I did shoot the blackhawk vapor pro's, they were not as consistent, these things are tough as nails, I have shot stumps with them and the only thing that got hurt was the stump, has shot stumps with the vapors, and if the sump just happened to be a rock, the arrow lost, not so with the axis.

but most manufacturers make a good product these days, get what makes you confident and practice every day

Brad

Reaction score
I got a dozen axis arrows with NAP quick spin fletchings , and really like them . My new bow is a Hoyt ultra mag

WREPOST

Reaction score
Troll.

I have been shooting Carbon Express Terminator Hunter arrows for about a year now and have yet to destroy one. I have beet the hell out of them literally. We shoot at an indoor range close to home that is set up like a 3D course with trees and bushes and a whole host of other obstructions so I have put them to the test. I would recommend them to anyone. I also drove one into a russian and he ran off with it through the trees and when I recoverd him all I had to do was wash off the blood and throw on some new vanes and it flew as well as new. They are not to exacting tolerances with a diff of +/- .006 and I have a weight differance of 1or 2 gr but I am also not an olympic archer so it causes me no problems.

Good Luck.

WREP

troll

Reaction score
So I went to the nearest Carbon Express dealer to get my shafts. I asked if I could get some and the owner, who I have a good amount of respect for, says that he is not longer selling them. I asked him why. He said that when he goes to refletch them, the carbon comes off the arrow while peeling off the old fletchings. Have any of you experienced this? I thought it was weird that noone mentioned it so I didn't know if it was something wrong in his procedure or what.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom