• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Caribou drift trip.

dustin ray

iv had the same dream for years but just can't seam to pull it off. and a moose tag a grizz wolf that would be awesome

Wild1

Fellas, I don't mean to be negative,but it's more of a nightmare, than a dream. I can save you a ton of time and $$$$,if you just do the following:

1. Put on all you gear, including base layers and expensive gore-tex clothing. Now put on your hip boots.

2. Take a couple of cups of sand and pour them down your shorts.

3. Draw a large tub of very cold water, then add ice to the cold water.

4. Turn on the shower head, set on cold.

5. Sit down in the very cold tub of water, under the cold shower.

6. Start lifting 10 lb. weights.

7. Do this for hours and you'll get the same experience as an Alaskan float trip.

The good news: you'll see more moose your bathroom than the river you'd be on, mostly because the last 50 boats scared them away.

Do your research!! Good luck!

Wild1

Not a bad idea posting, but it's a huge commitment to make with a stranger, let alone your regular hunting partner(s). Lots of cool guys on JHO, but not many hardcore hunters - just look at the lack of elk, Alaska and Africa posts.

Huntr Pat

OPAH , we only live once with a life time of bucket list. I'm 60 living life here in the mtns of pioneer. I put in for Elk in Arizona and will puting in for Montana also. gotta live while you have it.

Last edited:

Wild1

Couldn't agree more Pat. But, not all the members here have the same philosophy. Read the posts, a guy will spend weeks deciding which knife or toy to buy and then skip a world-class hunting adventure to spend more time on the keyboard. I say go for it!!

I'll see you in Alaska!!

Top Bottom