• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Caribou hunt with Safari Nodik

Cannonball08

My sept. hunt went pretty well. The migration was a little slow in our camp. THey moved us to a camp with more caribou, but was mainly cows. I tryed my heart out to get one with a bow, but nothing corroperated with me. I finally had to take a bull with a gun on the last day. I could have tagged out, but I was really picky.

Speckmisser

COngrats on tagging an animal, anyway! The pics are excellent!

How'd you like the hunt with Safari Nordik? Would you go back to hunt with them again?

Cannonball08

Thanks guys, I don't have anything to compare them to, but I would say they did a really good job IMO. I think they should of moved us a day or two before they did. They said they were having a hard time getting a plane lined up. All the camps were full and only a few had alot of Caribou so they juggled people around with ones already tagged out. So I am sure they had a hard time satisfying everyone. The two camp managers I met Eli and Wally were two cool dudes and their wives could cook like no other. Even though I was on a non guided drop camp they would go pick your meat up on the four wheeler as long as they could get to it. They caped our heads out for a small tip and would run us across the lakes anytime we needed or would let us take a boat as long as there was one left at camp for them. Everything went pretty smooth, I don't blame them for not having alot of Caribou to look at or choose from. That is just the way it goes and made me hunt all day everyday which is what I went to do anyway. There are some other hunts I would like to do now, like bear, moose, elk, but I would go back with Safari Nordik if I were to Caribou hunt.

Speckmisser

THanks for the info, Cannonball.

I've read and heard a good bit about that operation, and was thinking about talking to them sometime soon. Sounds like their business is booming... a benefit of good advertising and good service, I suppose.

Caribou is really the last think left on my list of dream hunts... at least as far as "realistic" dream hunts. Don't know that I'm all that excited by moose, and I can find a bear here or in North Carolina when I'm ready. But caribou... something about those horns and hunting under the northern lights...

Anyway, thanks again for the info, and for sharing the great pictures.

DEERSLAM

Great job on the Bou! Those hunts can be hit or miss. Glad to hear you scored on the last day. I hunted Bou in the Northwest Territories last Sept and never saw one in 7 days of hard hunting. Beautiful pics!

QuackWhacker

Congrats on the hunt!

Those pictures bring back memories of my hunt with Safari Nordik two years ago. What an incredible place the far north is. Your experience of having few caribou to see makes me all the more thankfull for what took place when I was there. I know I was extremely lucky to be in a camp when the main migration came through on my second day there.

The ptarmigan are a kick to hunt, aren't they and quite tasty too!

I'd book with them again as well, if I ever have the chance to go after 'bou again.

baco

Nice looking caribue. I'm going with safari nordik this september 25th is there any suggestions you would give me for the archer

Top Bottom