Carrizo by GPS

smokin54

Reaction score
The other thread is getting pretty long. I am heading up fri. or sat . not really sure yet . Can any body come up with GPS coordinates that will get me close tho the campground ?

Hook

Reaction score
smokin54,

Here is a link to a topozone map that shows where the KCL campground is located. There is a small red "x" in the middle of the page. It is at approx. UTM 11 251196E 3886241N     Link >>>> KCL Campground Carizzo Plains

(Edited by Hook at 9:41 pm on May 28, 2002)

songdog

Reaction score
I believe that I posted them in that last thread where we gave the original directions.  If not, let me know and I'll dig them out of the GPS.

I wouldn't worry too much though.  There's only one "real" road going through the whole BLM parcel so it's not hard to find at all.

smokin54

Reaction score
With the above link I dont think I can miss it .
Is the entire valley BLM Land?

songdog

Reaction score
...most of it is.  There are a few private parcels scattered throughout but they're normally easy to identify (fences, signs, etc.).

RBittleston

Reaction score
Is the best place for them around the campgrounds?  I ususlly hunt quail around Tupman and haven't seen any 'yotes, just scat now and then.  I've never gone after them, but recently picked up a Rem 700 22-250 and am itching to blast some pesky varmints!  Any tips on attracting them?  Calls?

Thanks much,
Richard  :shootin:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom