Carrizo for doves

B

BDOG

Has anyone been out to carrizo for doves? What's the bird count there like? I did see a few there a while back. Looked like it could be promising.  BDOG

songdog

Reaction score
They're out there but they're not necessarily concentrated in any particular area.  You could probably scratch out a limit but it's not like hunting the orange groves on the 166 on the way out there...

Kernhuntr

Reaction score
Carrizo for doves is a tough place to get a limit. Most of the water holes are taken and there is usually a few people that spend a few days at a time there. You are better off on 166 or 33 at water spots.

Kernhuntr

Remshot

Reaction score
Hey B-DOG, the offer still stands.I'll sell you a limit of dove if you run short,quail too.

bloodsports

Reaction score
The orange groves off 166 are worse then blythe on the opener.  Last year I hunted the Cheveron Fields on the opener and did well.

Gregg

Bill W

Reaction score
I was out nearby there today (at Hwy 33 and Hwy 166) shooting plannted pigeons for the dog.  Quite a few birds flying around.  They obviously have a calnder because a limit of ten wouldn't have been a problem today.

Bill

Thonzberry

Reaction score
I'll be going up to Carrizo on Saturday the 31st. to do some yote shooting and check out the doves. I'll be in y white F350 with a campre on it so if anyone is going up just drop on in, I'll have pleny of cold ones on ice.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom