Carrizo plain hunter

Budfarmer805

Reaction score
Any dedicated Carrizo plain hunters out there. I’m a local this last year 2019 I was lucky enough to bag 2 hogs, 1 buck, 1 coyote , and 1 badger curtesy of the spot I call “the honey hole”. Just this year in 2020 I’ve already seen over 10 deer and 50+ hogs ( prob the same group ) but I see them about 80% of the time I go out. Just a matter of how far away they are. Happy hunting id love to hear from some Carrizo hunters

Rick

Reaction score
We were out there in January, but because it had been years since my last trip out there, we were just scouting around. The pigs are usually closer to the Chimineas (sp?) area, aren't they? It was the last weekend for quail, so there were other hunters out and about. Our favorite thing, though, is calling coyotes.

Budfarmer805

Reaction score
We were out there in January, but because it had been years since my last trip out there, we were just scouting around. The pigs are usually closer to the Chimineas (sp?) area, aren't they? It was the last weekend for quail, so there were other hunters out and about. Our favorite thing, though, is calling coyotes.
I usually hunt on Shelby campground side . I live about 20 mins from the camp sites . I have hiked into the southern chimeneas once during bird season and there were too many people

Top Bottom