Carrizo Plains

CivilOutdoors

Reaction score
headed out to Carrizo Plains for the first time this weekend. Looking to hunt whatever I can find. Yotes, pigs, jacks. Going to test run my new Benelli vinci. Have some loads for a little of everything. Anyone have advise? If not I'll be in a blue saturn, staying at KCL for the night.

quaildeath

Reaction score
I would bring a .22 lr too for sage rats. I think non- lead is required.

CivilOutdoors

Reaction score
Just got back from carrizo. Some great views out there. Plenty of jacks but easily spooked on account that it is so quiet out there. I have walked up on jacks numerous times but they were taking off 100 yards away. Anyways saw a yote early morning and some mule deer on the way out. Place is really cool. Would love to go back during a decent spring time when water actually exist.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

quaildeath

Reaction score
Just got back from carrizo. Some great views out there. Plenty of jacks but easily spooked on account that it is so quiet out there. I have walked up on jacks numerous times but they were taking off 100 yards away. Anyways saw a yote early morning and some mule deer on the way out. Place is really cool. Would love to go back during a decent spring time when water actually exist.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The greatest thing about it is you stayed right on top of the San Andreas fault.
If the rumor was ever true about CA breaking off and becoming an island during a quake, you would have been dead first :)!

Check it from google earth and turn on the topo feature, great geography and geology view. Perfect example of a fault.

sbrooks1985

Reaction score
I'm down to head back out in spring if I have the time off. For those of you pig hunters, we saw some ancient roto tilling but nothing new. No water, even the camp tanks were empty.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Top Bottom