Carrizo Rabbit Hunt

yotegetter

Reaction score
Well I just came back from Carrizo with my dad. I shot me 5 rabbits. Lots of rabbit out there. I'll post the pics as soon as I get them back. It was very hot out there, but it was rabbit heaven!

(Edited by yotegetter at 3:23 pm on July 7, 2002)

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Glad to hear you had a good hunt, Jesse.... I would think there would be lots of rabbits in the Carrizo.  They were everywhere when I was there last March.

Did you happen to do any varmint calling? Speaking of which, I still do not have my mini 14 back yet.  About a month overdue now.  Hope I have it by the Arrowhead hunt?! Thank goodness for my 22-250.

Frank

yotegetter

Reaction score
I did make one stand in the morning and late afternoon for coyotes. I didn't get any takers. I did have one jump out the road in front of me. Last time I went with the rest of the JHPers. I had 4 total come in. This time nothing.

yotegetter

Reaction score
Frank about the mini. I hope you do get it soon so maybe you can pop some yotes out in Arrowhead. I'm looking forward to meeting you!

GSP

Reaction score
Hey guys where is Carrizo? I know of carrizo on ortega hwy.
  Where do you do your arrowhead yote hunt at ? I have a house to stay at past Cedar Glen (Arrowhead)and do alot of scouting in the area .

Rick

yotegetter

Reaction score
Carrizo is off the 166 hwy near Maricopa. Far from Ortega highway.

Refer to the Varmint forum for directions to Arrowhead.

yotegetter

Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention is that pops and I flushed 2 coveys of quail with well over 50 quail in them. It was awesome!

songdog

Reaction score
Were these jacks or cottontails?  I've seen tons of jacks but only a few cottontails the last time I was out there...

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
"2" COVEYS OF OVER 50 QUAIL ?!?!  Yikes, Yotegetter, you hit the Mother Load. I Love it.. LOL  What a rush, isn't it?!  I can't think of anything more exciting. Except maybe a pack of yotes charging your call?! lol  Sounds like a herd of helicopters taking off.

Songdog, ones we saw were mostly cottontails...

GSP, the Arrowhead hunt is out your back door.  Country North East of Cedar Glen by Rouse Meadows. I've never been there, so really know what I'm talking about. lol (this will be my first time also).

Oh, I just received UPS notice to pick up my customized mini 14 tomorrow.  I'm shocked. I mean, it only took 14 weeks. Or was it 15? Gotta check. Now if only the scope will still fit on it, then hit the side of a barn with it, I will be in business. "IF" all that happens, it will be at the Arrowhead hunt for anyone to use / check out etc.

Frank

yotegetter

Reaction score
Congrats on the Mini Frank!! Like I said in the Varmint Forum, I feel like a million bucks! I hope this luck never ends. I think I should take a trip to Vegas reeeaaaalll soon!

Songdog. They were all cottontails that I got, but I saw about 4 jacks out there. I was walking the brush with pops. These bunnies were popping out like flees. It was incredible. I don't think I've ever seen so many when I'm out hunting rabbits.

Top Bottom