Carrizo this Fri and Sat

Pasco

Reaction score
If anyone is at Carrizo and sees a guy with three kids in tow, that's me.  I'll have my squirrel gun along and will just be exploring and throwing rocks and hangin' with my kids.  The wife gets to stay home and color eggs.  Kind of short notice for a JHP hunt, but I understand there's critters to be shot out there.  I will be driving either a white Expedition or silver Ranger.

By the way, are the snakes out in force this time of year?

(Edited by SoCalxJR at 9:35 am on Mar. 28, 2002)

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
SoCalxJR,

No snakes this time of year, as they would freeze their tails off sorta speak.  Unless it gets unseasonably warm, which I seriously doubt.  Weather Channel included on this (Jesse's) website will give you the forcast however.

I was out there about a week and half ago and found plenty of squirrels to shoot at. Tried coyote hunting with poor results, probably due to their dening season or is at least the excuse I'm going with. So I won't make it back out there until June or July when the dening season should be over with.

It's a great place and you and the kids will have a great time.  Be safe !

Frank

Pasco

Reaction score
Thanks, Frank.  I was following that thread...that's what gave me the itch to go out and poke around.

Rimrock

Reaction score
SoCalxJr,
It must be warm enough for the snakes. Another JHP'er and I saw a small rattler and a garter snake last Monday. Be careful with the children. Good luck.

Play fair.

songdog

Reaction score
I was out there with Rimrock Monday.  It's warm enough for snakes so be careful.

The coyotes were a little quiet but there were still plenty of squirrels running around.

Terrierman

Reaction score
Although it's way,way south from where you'll be, but here in Pedro I came across a Rattler a couple weeks ago.

jmabbott888

Reaction score
If anyone plans on going out to carrizo the first two weeks of the month let me know & I'll join ya. Or if you happen to own a mercedes the last two weeks of the month call roadside assistance & tell em you got a flat & I'll show up & get paid to be there lol

QALHNTR

Reaction score
<font face="Tahoma">Granted I'm not on the Carrizo, but in Brea last week we only hit 63 for a high and I came across one baby and one momma rattler.  Keep your eyes wide open!</font>

Top Bottom