carrizo?

beasty

Reaction score
been out to carrizo to blast some rabbits and squirrels recently have'nt seen many g-squirrels a few jacks.  stuck mainly to the terrian to the west of the main road entered from the south.  any tips on where else to try?  
thanx

Hook

Reaction score
Beasty,

Welcome to Jesse's, I have been out to Carrizo several times this year and I have seen plenty of rabbits and coyotes. The rabbits usually come out at dusk and early morning. You can try the wash area west of the main road almost to KCL campground.

There is a Carrizo trip planned in the Events forum.

beasty

Reaction score
great thanks alot I'll give that a try. i've been going in the a.m. but am unfamiliar with the area so I'll try the dusk op. so i can get a good bead on the land. got my map coming so that should assist in my pursuit.

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Beasty, your maps will be a big help. When your cruising the area, you will want to mark the locations that look good on your map.  I even rate them as I go (as far as "looks" goes).  Then start hunting those spots.

Basically, anywhere on the left side of Soda lake road, from hwy 166 to the Goodwin Education Center (Soda Lake). There are several roads off the Soda Lake road, some dead ending into private land. I've seen some game on the right hand side, but I normally hunt on the left (traveling from hwy 166 to Soda Lake).

There are pronghorn out there too, which is pretty cool.

Persistence helps (a lot) and as Hook mentions, the JHP hunt at the end of Sept is another good idea if you can make it.

Good Luck
Frank  

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Beasty, one more. Welcome to Jesse's... I just noticed this was your first post... You'll like it here. Lots of good folks with good info, learning a lot and having lots of fun in the process.

Good Hunting
Frank

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Beasty,
Welcome to Jesses. You're in good hands. Best bunch of hunter/fishermen/women on the net! :toast-yellow:
sp

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Beasty:  Welcome aboard.  You'll find a great bunch of helpful guys here.  

beasty

Reaction score
thanks to all for the hospitality you folks are great!  I am going to try to make that jhp hunt. I have a work sched. that is fubar -rarely getting weekends off makes for good hunting but bad socializing.  

songdog

Reaction score
I think that you'll see a lot of the critters show up after the first real rain that they get out there.  Right now it's as dry as a bone.

Top Bottom