Castro Valley CWA Dinner

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Anyone attending the Castro Valley CWA Dinner tonight?  My GF and I are planning to head out there.  I could always use a new shotgun anyway.  It'd be interesting to put faces with names from this forum.  

Phillip

Jay

Reaction score
Well I was there with a big yellow sticky note on my chest that said: "Looking for Speckmisser."  But I got no bites.

Did you make it?

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Hey Jay!  

I didn't get there until about 8:00, just as dinner was being served.  Had an injured horse to tend to, and almost didn't make it at all.  

Hate that I missed you, though.  So far, BigDog is the only person I've met from the list (unless anyone from my table last night is on here... Tony?  Ken?...).  I guess I should get out more.

Jay

Reaction score
I stopped wandering around when dinner was served. I was sitting in the back just in front of the table of guys who kept doing the wave.

I was sitting with Bob Preston,  who won two guns (the lucky dog). I was wearing a black short sleeve shirt.

We'll meet sometime.

BigDog

Reaction score
Let's the three of us, or more, do some sporting clays next month. I will be back on the 10th.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Well, we couldn't miss seeing the guys doing the wave.  I was up at the front, next to the raffle table.  I was the one wearing a DU shirt and filthy cowboy boots.  The guy at our table (whose name I've already forgotten) won the Browning A-bolt and another gun.  Me and my gf?  Well, she won a roadside emergency kit.  I won pretty much what I usually do at these things.... nada.  I did buy the his and hers watches, and my gf is the one who paid bid $100 bucks for that two bird pheasant hunt (that'll teach me to run off to the bar). Sure do hope those birds are big and tasty.

It was a blast, though.  

BigDog, I think running through a round or two of clays would be awesome!  I haven't done sporting clays in years.   Beats the heck out of regular old skeet.  Keep me posted on time and place.  My gf might like to join us too, as long as no one is afraid of being outshot by a lady.  :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom