Catfish Bait

Tinhorn

Reaction score
My cousin showed me this Stink Bait (actually Dip Bait) and it works great on Catfish.  (Channels and Blues) There are 2 brands he uses, one called "Sonny's" and the other Mr Catfish.

Don't get this on your hands, the smell will still be there a month later! ! !

Fish EXACTLY in this manner:

use a Slip Sinker on your line.  

Don't use the Foamed Treble Hook setup but find some small Yellow rubber worms that are about 3/8" in dia and about 2" long.  They have string already thru them with a treble hook tied on.  They remind me of the toy "Slinky"  I usually tie the string on my rod string and pull it thru the worm and re-tie the hook but you can use a swivel and tie it directly.  This also keeps the weight from slipping down onto the hook area.

To Goop UP the rubber worm, drop it into the bait and "Waller" it around with a butter knife or ? until the bait sticks to it.  It takes a little longer when the worm is wet.  The bait should be kept cool so keep it out of the Sun.

Cast out to the same spot everytime because the bait melts and attracts the fish to the area.  You will have to re-bait every 10 mins or so.  

I've used it in the Mississippi River and ponds/lakes both and it is GREAT.   It is hard to find tho.  I sometimes find it in one of those Bass Pro satelite shops

Good Luck!

Tinhorn

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks Tinhorn for the recipe. I don't get to catfish much anymore in Missouri but when I do get a chance we'll give it a try.

Fubar

Reaction score
Out here in CA we are near the ocean so we have mackeral available in large quantities for bait. They work well when slabbed out and cut in large chunks. You can even use the sponge or rubber worm method except you dip the mackeral chunks in the stink bait. Put them on the hook first and then use a stick to push em into the stinkbait. Dont ever touch it with your hands lol.              Fubar

Latest Posts

Top Bottom