Caught up on some of my scans

thehairlessone

Reaction score
nice pics!  I really like the one called 5 closeup i think. That is funny with that coon hanging there looking at the deer.

rick

glen71

Reaction score
LW - Nice pictures! What part of the feeder are those 'coons climbing/hanging from?

MBullism

Reaction score
Geez!  the way those coons are hangin' around, you'd think you got food in that thing, or sumpin'...

LW

Reaction score
Glen71, coons and squirrels both shinney up the pole and hang from the feeder motor on the bottom of the drum then reach up and spin the sling plate "manually" to throw out the corn. I had 2 squirrels empty 100# of corn on the ground last month then them and some coons ate till they puked, literally! I had to move the feeder it stunk so bad.

I am looking for something to build  "varment" cages around the motor now, Moultrie wants $20 a pop for theirs. I ain't paying it.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Pop rivet Sheet metal around the barrel bottom that hangs down just a tad lower than the motor.

LW

Reaction score
Thanks  Passthru,  since I like to drop the feed straight under my feeder to center the subjects in my pictures that should work great... I will give it a try.

glen71

Reaction score
LW - The reason I asked the question is that in the pictures it appears that there is a vertical pole directly below the spinner motor, in addition to the three legs. That is what I could not figure out, as I have never seen a feeder like that.

shadow

Reaction score
Try taking some fencing material with 2" x 2" square.  I bought a roll for $25 at Home Depot, then simply cut a circle to match the size of the bottom of the barrel all the way to the edge (I think it was about 38" or 48" in length then when rolled and ends matched up it was about 22" across), then cut a bottom out and bend the tips (when you cut the fencing cut in the middle of the 2" square leaving a 1" piece on each side, this is used to tie pieces together as well as closing the door) around the sides to attach it, make a three sided cut out for a doorway.  This one roll was enough fencing to make 5 guards and with it setting all the way out to the edge of the barrel most animals can't reach that far and if they do it's to much trouble for them so they loose interest and leave it alone.  It took about 1 hour to make the first cage then by the fifth it only took about 30 minutes.  If you want details on the making I can put some together on paper for you.  Just email me.

LW

Reaction score
glen71,you may see something in the background, I was goofing around with a new picture editor and may have created an illusion, I took the feeder completely out of the "bucknof_dce"  pics and while looking for what you saw noticed I removed the trunk of a small tree in the background of that pic so you have a floating treetop between the forkhorns back and the tall pine.. but its an Ontime "Scout"  motor on a 16 gallon barrel/tripod setup, nothing special....  Larry

Advertisement

Top Bottom