CBH Banquet -January 17th in Visalia

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
I won two sabilizersin the raffel along with a bag full of other fun stuff!!!! Shot it was a pleasure to share some stories with you and I'm sure I'll see you at future events. I thought the event went pretty good. The trophy display was very nice and I still can't get over the massive American elk Mark Shires brought. Massive is an understatement. Kinda sad for the World Record Tule elk that Mike McCall brought... as it made the 312 bull look small!!! Kirks buck looks bigger in real life. The main beams go on forever. Roys bucks... what can I say other than they are at the top of the food chain! I'll post pics when I get them.

I got some news from the state meetings... The State Broadhead shoot is going to be hosted by the Oranco Bowmen in Chino, Memorial Day weekend, May 23-24 2009. The 2011 Big Game Club Banquet will be held in the city of Ontario, Ca. I'm starting right now to try and get a popular guest speaker for the event... Cameron Hanes, Jim Dougherty, Dwight Schuh... we'll see. Ed F

One Track

Reaction score
Ed:

Thanks for the reply. What awards did Nate and Kirk win?

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Sorry Bro!! Brent, you took 3rd / Wild Hog. I think Nate has your brass. Kirk won 2nd / Typical Blacktail (only 2nd to the new state record), 2nd / Wild Hog and 4th / Black Bear. Nate advanced to Regular Member and Lifetime Member with Five species, Three qualifying for the record book. Roy won 1st / Non Typical Pacific Hybrid Deer and 2nd Typical Mule Deer. Wayne Piersol from Archery Only in Newark took home the Bowhunter of the Year. He's a long time CBH supporter and deadly with a bow. An inspiration for us all. Joe Wylie won the well earned Whitney Hill Award, Catagory D, Grand Slam, 13 different Ca species, 9 of which qualify for the record book! He's been at it for 35 years!!! Awsome to see these guys clean house. Ed F

One Track

Reaction score
That's incredible. Congratulations to all of you hardcore dedicated bowhuntin' maniacs!

Was Bret's hog #4?

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Yes sir. Three of the top four hogs came from the same hunt. Incredible monsters!!!! I expect similar results next month!!! Ed F

grtwythunter

Reaction score
It was a very well put together event. Anyone who is serious about bowhnuting should plan on attending the next one....lots of super trophies on display and Ed put together a helluva slide show. Kirk, it was good meeting you after doing business with you for the past few years. Also got to meet Shot, and hang out with SDHNTR and BOWUNTR for a bit.

Scott

BOHNTR

Reaction score
It WAS fun to say the least.....Scott, nice meeting you.....and I must say your skulls are the BOMB! Very nice work.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Thanks Roy... would have loved to talk D11 hunting with you, but you stayed pretty busy all night. Your buck from a couple years back looked awesome! Probably my favorite mount out of the group.

Scott

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
Gentlemen, had a great time and glad to finally put a face to a few JHO names. Shot, Scott, and Roy, great to finally meet you guys.

There were some great animals on display and i took a bunch of photo's, which i'll post up in the near future.

Good times!

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Alright it's been long enough, flex those pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Here are some pics. Ed F

BOHNTR and company!

Mike McCall with his state record Tule Elk and pending P&Y world record at 312.

Mark Shires with his 330 N/T American elk. This bull is missing it's 2nd and 5th one side!!! 3rd in the state.

Robert Borden with his 191 N/T mulie. At the time it was tied at #1. Since it was recorded, two bigger bucks have been entered. It's now at #3.

Top Bottom