CBH Big Game Club measuring clinic

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Becoming An Offical CBH Measurer

Have you ever wanted to be an official measurer for CBH? Now’s your chance. The Big Game Club is offering an 8-10 hour one day course on how to properly measure big game animals using the P&Y / B&C measuring system. Upon completion of the class you will be a certified Measurer for the CBH Big Game Club. The first class is going to be held at the Oranco Bowmen clubhouse, 17504 Pomona Rincon Rd., Chino, San Bernardino County, on June 3rd at 8:00 am. The second class will be held at the Bow and Arrow Shop, 9748 Los Coches Rd, Lakeside, San Diego County on June 17th at 8:00 am. The course is free of charge, however, you will be required to purchase a P&Y Measurers Manual at a discounted price and some inexpensive measuring tools. Come on out for a fun day of measuring California Critters.

For additional information and reservations for these courses and/or directions feel free to contact Roy Grace @ 951-232-4261 or Ed Fanchin @ 951-377-5562.

**Reminder, all official measurer’s are required to be CBH members. If you’re not currently a member, we can sign you up at the class.**

Rick Mac

Reaction score
ED, I think I would like to learn and do that. I will try and be there for sure.............

Thanks for the info........... Rick

One Track

Reaction score
Heck ya. Sign me up for the Bow and Arrow Shop class.

2rocky

Reaction score
Ed if you do a measuring Class in Northern California, I'd attend. Sacramento, Santa Rosa, or Bay Area would all be close enough to go to for me...Just a thought.

el_vaquero

Reaction score
How far ahead of time do we need to sign up?? And how much for the gear, roughly??

Thanks,
Tim

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
We are looking at doing one in Gilroy. We just need to commit on the date. Is that too far, 2Rocky?

Tim, best scenario is you sign up right now. Worst scenario is you show up to the class without registering. If you want a chair and a donut, sign up as soon as possible!! Gear? Bring a $20 bill and you'll get through the class. Invest another $20-$30 and you'll be set.

For all you guys that aren't interested in being a measurer, Show up and learn the system. It'll make you a better field judger on that monster buck!. Only requirement is that you'll have to give up one of your secret hunting spots. Ed F

2rocky

Reaction score
Sure Ed.

I think we need to have it where there is a 3d or Field Range handy near by don't you?

I hate to travel that far on a Sunday and not get my bow out. Don't you agree?

I'm probably out of commission until after July 4th, but I'll burn a Sunday for it after then (before B-Zone Archery opens) Keep me abreast of the details...

Backcountry

Reaction score
The Gilroy clinic will most likely be held at Predator's Archery...

Ed, you gonna chase anything that oinks nearby?

grtwythunter

Reaction score
I'm in, just gotta check and see if the wife wants to go to San Diego for the weekend. If not I'll go to the one in Chino.

Scott

el_vaquero

Reaction score
If the one in Gilroy is the same time as the Garlic Festival I know I can talk my wife into it...she's always wanted to go to that. Then I can do the class while she goes to that and i don't have to put up with the crowds!

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Hold on!! The San Diego class is being rescheduled. It seems to be a conflict with all the dads (Fathers day) that want to go. Stand by for more current info. Ed F

One Track

Reaction score
Right after I printed 50 color copies of the flyer. Ed, please have your assistant call my assistant when you settle on a date.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
The San Diego class has been changed to Sunday, June 10th. Same time, same place. We will leave right after the class to do a little albacore fishin on SDHNTR's yacht!!!
Ed F

Belle

Reaction score
we have been trying to get a class in sacramento for about 4 months now any word on that, we have about 10 people that will attend and a place to do it if you have any info please let me know

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Belle, who are you talkin to? The few Sac guys that showed interest said they would travel to Gilroy when we get one going there. Let me know. We can do Sac too. All I need now is an extra month on the calendar before huntin season. Lets call it Jugust!! Ed F

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Ed, I sure hope you are right and the albies show up by then!

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Directions to the San Diego class at The Bow and Arrow Shop.

Take Highway 8 East past El Cajon. Take the Los Coches Rd exit and turn left, heading North. Go about 2 miles to 9748 Los Coches Road. It will be in a strip mall on your left. Phone is 619-443-5488.

Belle

Reaction score
I guess I was just hoping someone would answer BOWUNTR, maybe we have spoke before I cant remember but if you want please E-mail me al_rafferty@yahoo.com and maybe we could set something up. I know hunting season is coming so I understand it might have to wait till this winter but I would like to get something on the calender so I can get as many people as I can. Thanks again for all your help.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom