CBH Big Game Club measuring clinics

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Becoming An Offical CBH Measurer

Have you ever wanted to be an official measurer for CBH? Now’s your chance. The Big Game Club is offering an 8-10 hour one day course on how to properly measure big game animals using the P&Y / B&C measuring system. Upon completion of the class you will be a certified Measurer for the CBH Big Game Club. The first class is going to be held at the Oranco Bowmen clubhouse, 17504 Pomona Rincon Rd., Chino, San Bernardino County, on June 3rd at 8:00 am. The second class will be held at the Bow and Arrow Shop, 9748 Los Coches Rd, Lakeside, San Diego County on June 17th at 8:00 am. The course is free of charge, however, you will be required to purchase a P&Y Measurers Manual at a discounted price and some inexpensive measuring tools. Come on out for a fun day of measuring California Critters.

For additional information and reservations for these courses and/or directions feel free to contact Roy Grace @ 951-232-4261 or Ed Fanchin @ 951-377-5562.

**Reminder, all official measurer’s are required to be CBH members. If you’re not currently a member, we can sign you up at the class.**

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Hold on!! The San Diego class is being rescheduled. It seems to be a conflict with all the dads (Fathers day) that want to go. Stand by for more current info. Ed F

d'hunter

Reaction score
Sure hope this doesn't affect the clinic in Chino, 'cause I'm in!

BOHNTR

Reaction score
Oranco Class (June 3rd) is still on! We'll see you there.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
The San Diego class has been changed to Sunday, June 10th. Same time, same place. We will leave right after the class to do a little albacore fishin on SDHNTR's yacht!!!
Ed F

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Tomorrow is a big day for a few of you guys. Bring your maps becuse you'll have to give up your favorite huntin spots before you receive your diploma!!!! See you tomorrow. Ed F

BOHNTR

Reaction score
One down....one to go! We now have 12 new measurers in the Inland Empire. It was a long, informational packed day, but I got to meet some fellow bowbenders who have a passion measuring CA critters.

If you missed this one, and still want to be a measurer, there will be another class offered Sunday (10th) in the San Diego area (9748 Los Coches Rd, Lakeside, CA 92040).

Ed (BOWUNTR) took some photos of the class, so I'm sure he'll post some up.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Nice. Looking forward to it. I'm bringing a buddy's deer rack and a hog skull of mine. I can also bring some medium antelope horns and some 4x5 elk horns if needed for practicing purposes. They were not killed in CA but I can definitely bring them for instruction if you think it would be helpful. Let me know.

BOHNTR

Reaction score
Nate...please bring them! Never too many critters to measure. Thanks

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Hate to do this, but I'm gonna have to bail out. I had a bitchin hunt opportunity come up last night and I can't pass it up. I still really want to do this and may drive up north if you guys put one on up there.

Scott

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Here are a couple pics from the classes. The pics came out OK, expept you can't see all the BS on the ground. At times it must have been 6" deep!!!! 18 new CBH measurers. Thanks to Oranco Bowmen and the Bow and Arrow Shop. Next stop is P&Y in Sac. Damn near a JHO reunion. Ed F

Oranco 06-03-07

Bow and Arrow Shop 06-10-07

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
I swear I saw two of the guys in the bottom picture on the wall at the post office, now that I think about it, it was definately the guy on the top left and second from the left on the bottom, didn't realize CBH harbored criminals, I think I will have to really look into my affiliation with such an organization.

Just kidding, cool deal guys, come and measure my monster Santa Barbara County bucks anytime after they dry, should be in September or so, I bet I know two of the San Diego guys that take bribes.

One Track

Reaction score
I appreciate that Roy and Jerry made a trip down to San Diego. It was great meeting you guys. Thanks.

BOHNTR

Reaction score
It was my pleasure Brent.....I had a good time. Glad to finally meet you guys in person. When are you heading to the P&Y clinic?

Top Bottom