CCW pistol for small lady. Never handled guns before. Pistol revolver?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Looking for ideas for new a gun owner. We looked at the S&W bodybuard in 38 special and the Ruger LCR in .38 special too.

Shes a farmer and does markets a lot and wears bib overalls so she could carry it up on top chest pocket on the bibs.

Were not set yet on semi auto or revolver, the issue is there isnt many guns in the stores right now to look at. Im gonna take her shooting and let her shoot the small guns i have and rent some that i dont have so she can find the right one she likes.

Another other tips?

Start her off with a .22 and build up to the .38 special? These small; handguns have some pop but shes not a skeerdy cat usually.

CA law for CCW is minimum .380 caliber. No .32s or .25s

thx

Sawfish

Reaction score
The Body Guard is an excellent choice. I bought my wife a 642-2 which is the Performance Center Version. Easy to handle and shoot. Revolvers are good safe guns for beginners. If she favors a semi-auto, the Sig P-238 is a top choice among the ladies that I have taught to shoot. Either gun should serve her well,

Rick

Reaction score
I am late to the party, but the midrange wadcutter target loads are a good starter load in the .38 SPL. Some like them for defensive use all the time.

Top Bottom