Cell phone battery

pietromarc

Reaction score
I have kept all of my old cell phones after i upgraded them. Has anyone ever used them for thair Trail Cams? The ones i have are low volts like 3.6v. can i wire them in series to make them power a RS PIR?  I guess we would be saving the enviroment by recycling them. There is also a convenience benifit by recharging them with a car charger as you drive to and from the woods.
Sorry if this topic has been touched already? I am a new JHP addict  

passgas55

Reaction score
I don't see why not. I use a 12volt ,2.3 Ah sealed lead acid battery that was used in the old 3 watt bag phones. Out ot the 8 batteries I came across ,3 were like new and held a full charge. I am using it on a MS20 sensor with out the low power mods and I can get 3 weeks with no problem with battery volts going to 10 volts. Wiring up 2 3.6 volts in series gives you 7.2 volts. Should work as long as the relay being used is 5 or 6 volts or you can use a optical coupler.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi PM,
The only problem I can see is if the batts are different types or capacities.  If you're positive they are the same type and capacity, you should have no major problems with wiring them up together to get a higher voltage.

Archilochus

pietromarc

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I will try it on my Next cam. and i'll post my findings

Top Bottom