Change of attitude

bigmandude

Reaction score
i have noticed a definate change in attitude of my deer the past 3 weeks, i think the pressure from surrounding property is getting to them, i'm not getting nearly as many pics as i was earlier in the season, and i am hardly getting any multiple shots of the same deer at all. (they no longer stick around for the 2nd pic and arent at all curious to see what that thang is hangin of that thar tree)  

the big Uns have gone into hiding too.  i havent had any pics of deer bigger than 4 points in a month....of course i could look at this in a positive way and say to myself ,  "self, it is time to change your hunting patterns too, cause the deer have obviously Patterned You"

any suggestions???

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Yeah Start hunting at night with a spotlight......

Just kidding. I have noticed a change as well. Of course the weather has been a little miserable. Last week I hunted 4 times and saw one deer, small buck, and he saw me first. The other three times I saw "0".

Yesterday I went out ans saw 6 deer, three bucks, three does. I have seen all three bucks before and have pics of them.

I checked my cam yesterday and the roll was all taken. But I had pic's of nothing. Something malfunctioned. Took all pic's in about 40 minutes. I think it was the rainey weather playing with my cam. I got it back out. We'll see what happens'.

I know the food sources have changed and the deer are going into different patterns than earlier in the year. SO I gotta adjust.

coyotehunters

Reaction score
I  JUST PUT MY FIRST CAM OUT SATURDAY. YOU SAY THAT ALL THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN IN 40 MINUTES WITH NOTHING ON THEM. HOW DO I KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING TO ME. DOES THIS HAPPEN ALOT.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Here in Missouri, the deer are Herded up now, instead of being dispursed, they are in groups of 8 or 12, so the deer are less thick, sort of, because they are grouped together and I think that's why pix's fall off this time of year......

They also concentrate around a good food source because food in the woods is less plentiful

coyotehunters

You may have:

1.  Weak "PIR" battery's which will cause this

2.  Was the Cam facing anywhere but <North>, the Sun comes up in the east, swings way south, then sets in the west,  it can cause false alarms when it shines into the PIR

3.  Windy days can cause it too, esp if the cam is tied to a sappling that can sway

4.  a Cam looking at Cedar trees, which retain heat and fool the PIR

5.  or the PIR may have went bad (Oh NO!) or a bad solder joint somewhere (Ouch!)

Tinhorn

Arrowhead

Reaction score
coyotehunters >> That's the first time it happened to me. I have had a couple false pic's but usually could pin them on something.

Tinhorn probably got mine figured out. I had it on a relitivly small tree and combined with the weak PIR battery
I think that's what did me in.

I replaced battery's and have the cam back out. Although I have it on another kinda small tree right next to a heavily used deer trail. It's windy as crap today too.

I've had at least 10 rolls of film in my cam and that's the first time I've ever seen the camera malfunction.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom