Change of scenery.

Rimrock

Reaction score
I'm outahere for a few days. Going up to the Stanislaus N.F. for some relaxation at 4000 to 5000 feet. Will try to do a little coyote calling. (Bear and lion too???) Some stream fishing for natives.

Meantime, a rancher in the foothill country called and said the coyotes were getting pretty active. So much to do  --  so little time.

Play fair.

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Have a great one, Rimrock.... Save some of the fish for the rest of us that havn't made it up there yet.  Good luck on the calling too.

Frank

EVAN III

Reaction score
   Rimrock,

Have fun, and remember we want a full report filled out in triplicate.

EVAN III

Rimrock

Reaction score
OK, no need for triplicate. Went calling one morning with no response. Caught enough stream Brookies for breakfast and just had a good time away from this 107 valley heat.

Saw quite a few Mt. quail but only two deer and not much sign. Not unusual for this area this time of year. It's not very far above the wintering ground and the resident herd isn't very big. Saw only one bear track which is unusual. They have been pretty numerous in the past. Did not hear one coyote and saw very little sign.

We took an 8 year old handicapped boy with us. It is a joy to see a city kid discover and enjoy the wonders of nature. Came home Wed. and took his 11 year old brother back with us. Ever try to sneak up on a trout hole with an enerjetic, rock climbing kid, whose Dad thinks a bicycle ride around the park is an outing? He'll learn. He has been shooting my .22 rimfire for a couple of years. I broke him in this time on the .223 and he did very well.

OK, so it was song enough to be in triplicate. Sorry.

Play fair.

Top Bottom