Changing no-date to date stamp

davered1

Reaction score
I brought this up a couple of weeks ago, I had a broken date stamp camera and a working non-date stamp AF lying around so I hacked into them to get the date stamp to work on the no-date camera.

<font size="4">These directions are for only the AF round switch camera</font>

Heres how you do it:

Remove these little pegs from the date body with small needle nose pliers, they come out fairly easy.

Push them through the same little holes in the NO-DATE body,they will push thourgh plastic and come out under /behind flash.

Then solder 2 wires to points shown in next picture. first wire goes to little pad directly under the purple wire. wire # 2 can be soldered to any of the 4 black wires in the run shown in picture(they are all the same common run).

Remove screw shown and pull flash out and up to be able to get to pins in body

Run the 2 wires around shutter as shown in pic and go under the light sensor to the back of body where pins are found.

solder the 2 wires to the 2 pins shown here. I don't think it matterss much which wire goes where,these 2 pins just complete a circuit when shutter is fired that allows light in door to come on and burn time into picture.

Then you just swap bodies on cameras and you are in business

Hope this helps some of you with broken AF's. no date cameras can be picked up dirt cheap!!

Dave

(Edited by davered1 at 9:34 pm on June 22, 2002)

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
davered1, good work. I know it will help a few people out there. You must be a real determined person to decide to tear one of those up to see how it goes. Nice pics by the way. MC.

MBullism

Reaction score
Good work Dr. Frankenstein!  :frankenstein:

(you payin' attention, woodsman?)

gtk

Reaction score
Thanks Daverd1.. I thought about this a while back.  I have a Owl-PF that I totally destroyed (bad temper that nite), and went out and bought a Owl-BF power flash for about 20 bucks.  I was going to try and do the same thing, but gave up.  

I might just give this a try again.  It is probably similiar to the round-dail AF.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom