Cheap target

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
This has not been mentioned for a while and I know it is a little late in the season but maybe you have shoot your target to pieces and are thinking about making a change.

A couple of years ago after shooting our targets to pieces I decided to make my own. Now I did the cheapest possible build and my son got much more creative with his build but mine works.

I have a large cardboard box (22" square) that I filled with a variety of shopping bags and a little closed cell packing foam. Easiest arrow removal I have ever tried and I shoot all 4 sides until it is shot to pieces. I then get another large box and move my filler material over to it. I have to add filler material occasionally but the bags are free. Since the target is really cheap I will leave it out sometimes for days at a time so I can just go shoot whenever I want to. So far the deer haven't chewed on it to much.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Spend a little more money up front on a Rhinehart Target and u will happier with the quality and longevity compared to lesser brand or gone made targets. Rhinehart Targets take a licking and keep on ticking.....lol i only own one target now and that's my Rhinehart 18 in one......tra

Or snag one of those official tournament targets from your local archery range......lol just kidding!

IMAG1590.jpg

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
You are lot braver than I am. I got tired of replacing arrows and I will not shoot the same bulls eyes twice in a row. Especially when using those lighted nocks. I am only taking 3 arrows with me down the hill each morning now. 3 shots then go retrieve my arrows. That allows me to walk around and shoot from other angles or distances. My collection of broken nocks and split shafts is more than I want it to be

Top Bottom