Cheaper Film

shufigo

Reaction score
I'm still looking for ways to cut the cost of running my cams.  I found a "house brand" of film in KMart called FOCUS, box of 4 rolls of 24 ea for 5.99.  The box is identical to the FUJI box except for the printing.  I'm sure KMart doesn't manufacture it's own film, probably done by one of the big boys under contract. Even better, there's a certificate on the box that's worth a buck off on KMart 1 Hr or 1 Day processing.  Beats the snot out of $8.99 for 4 rolls of Kodak 400.

woodsman

Reaction score
Not a bad price I'll have to go to Kmart and see .thanks shufigo :bgaqua:

Matt in MO

Reaction score
Do you know if Kmart Developing will let you toss photos you don't want? It's a major money saver at Walmart to have a roll of 24 developed and toss the 15+ poor, doe or racoon photos.

shufigo

Reaction score
Matt, don't know, 'cause I haven't asked.  That would be a great money saver if it can be done.  You just tell them that you don't want those prints? Is it as simple as that?  Any one else have any inputs on this? ???

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Don't know about Kmart but at Wally World, sometimes I just ask for negatives only, when I believe the roll was mostly false alarms due to strong winds that lasted over several days or stormy weather, etc.

They usually only charge me a couple bucks and a few times, when I didn't take the negatives, they didn't charge me anything.  I feel a little quilty then because they did use their equipment and time to do the developing and tried to insist on paying something but they  said nope!

The cost of developing is def a killer tho.......Now Don't Say A WORD you Digital guys :rolleyes-green:

Tinhorn

jayber

Reaction score
Hmmmmm........I won't say a word.....naa naa na na naaa.....

LOL @ 'Digital guys'

shufigo

Reaction score
Let's see -- if Louie Lightfinger comes by and snarfs my Owl, I'm out about a hundred bucks total.  It he lifts your digital it's how much?? Divided by the cost of how much developing?  Hmmm -- if you lose one every year or two, I don't see much difference.  I've been doing this one year on a private hunk of land that we've never even seen a trespasser on and already lost one........

jayber

Reaction score
As I said before, it's a risk I'm willing to take.  Another way to look at it, my digital is still cheaper than the CamTrakker I was gonna buy.  Go ahead and pay for film development if that's for you......and I'll be sure to let you know if mine gets ripped off.  In the meantime, happy camming!!!!

Top Bottom