CHECK THIS PICTURE OUT!!!!!

Welby

Reaction score
Check this picture out!  Can you guess what it is?  No Tinhorn, it's not an underwater picture of a sea turtle!!

That's right!  It's a baby!  A baby human!  The first for my wife and I!  Due in mid December (right smack in the middle of the peak of the rut, come to think of it!), this will be a first child for my wife and I.  This is the third sonogram we have had and the most distinguishing one so far.  This was done today, as a matter of fact.

No, my hunting equipment is NOT for sale, contrary to what some have predicted.  But, yes, contributions are welcome.  Checks, credit cards, cash - just send them on.  Make the checks out to the Welby Child Welfare Fund.  Not sure if that would be tax deductible, by the way.

Jesse, one more thing.  I was thinking of submitting for my latest do it yourself column on the Homemade Forum an article entitled "How To Make A Human".  What do you think?  I could, you know, provide some illustrations and, uh, artwork to show how it's done.  Birds and bees stuff, you know.  No?  Ok, I know, we don't want no perverts hangin' out here.  Well, Tinhorn thought it was a good idea anyways, especially since everyone seems to be getting the hang of building cameras.

Well boys and girls, it's official!  Welby's gonna be a Daddy!

dalliwacker

Reaction score
Congratulations to you and your wife.  Kids are the absolute best.  I have a little one that turned 3 on the 16th.  Enjoy them while they are little, because they grow up too fast.  

gizz

Reaction score
Way to go dude!
My boy was born on the second day of buck season in December 1997. Yes I went hunting on Monday but didn't get my buck until Tuesday
Kinda neat you came on this board to share it the same day     Oh, think I'll pass on the Homebrew baby project

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats Welby!!  

I'm planning on getting a lipstick camera.  Maybe we can wire it to a motion sensor and .... nevermind.

ToddP

gtk

Reaction score
Congrat's Welby.  It's a totally different kind of love..  I spent last night sleeping with my 2.5 year old because of some major storms passing thru the area.  It's amazing to see/feel how a little one can find comfort and saftey in your arms..  :)  Makes you feel kinda good.

Greg

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Does this mean we will all get a Cyber Cigar???

Congrats, I'm thrilled that u're thrilled

Guess this is "Welby Trick" no. 9 huh!  ;)

Tinhorn

(Edited by Tinhorn at 9:38 am on May 22, 2001)

cedar N sandy

Reaction score
Congrats to the new "Dad-to-be"!!!!
I look forward to one of those Cyber Cigars, too! (and I don't even smoke)
I shared last night with my 4 year old son, like gtk did, and woke up this morning with him snuggled up as close as possible to me with a big smile on his face ...... words can't describe the joys your child will bring. Hang in there because those crying little bundles do grow out of it and will soon run up to you and ask "Where are we going hunting today Dad?"
He/She is a lucky kid!

Mule

Reaction score
Congratulations Welby......Get ready for the most wonderful experiance of your life, parenthood. I have a son 2yrs and a daughter 3yrs old.  As far as the timing....I tape a calendar on my ceiling, flipped 9 month ahead, for a quick reference.....LOL

Neal

Fubar

Reaction score
Congrats Welby and welcome to the future little turkey hunter.     Fubar

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations!  Kids really are the greatest experience.  My little guys hit 10 weeks this past Friday.  Words can't describe the joy and happiness they bring.  Kids are a true gift from God.  

Here's my little guys in one of their, ahem, less fine moments (note: this is not a reflection on my parenting skills).

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
CONGRATS WELBY
YOU WILL FIND THAT KIDS ARE THE GREATEST THINGS IN LIFE.I FEEL SO LUCKY TO HAVE TWO OF THEM AN 8 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND A 5 YR OLD SON. THEY WILL DEFINITELY CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Congrats Welby,

I started looking at the pic trying to visualize a deer's nose or bear's mouth and then read your post. You threw me for a loop on that pic.

Hogskin, I bet those two could put a tornado siren to shame judging by the size of those tonsils.

K

KMILLER

Congratulations! Abigail, our first, is due September 14, the Friday before the opening of bow season here in Georgia. Somehow I don't think I'll be in a tree Saturday morning! It will most assuredly be a long hot summer in Atlanta! Good luck!

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Spectr17,

A tornado siren would be like a lullaby after spending an hour with these two when they're on a tear.  

I considered attaching a .wav file to the picture so that when you opened it you'd get the full effect, but I figured you'd surely ban me from the forum!

Regards,
Paul

Welby

Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words and wonderful congratulations!  This is an exciting time for my wife and me and we can't wait for the new arrival to get here.

Hogskin, that is a wonderful picture of your two angels.  Believe it or not, we had really hoped for twins, but it's just not meant to be on this go around, I guess.  Besides, I don't know if we could handle it to tell you the truth.  She (my wife) is about to eat me out of house and home (she is normally such a finicky and light eater) that I wasn't sure I could afford to keep her there for a while.  Actually, I'm still not sure about that!

Again, thanks for all the responses.  I don't think I could have fell in with a better buncha folks anywhere on the web.

Fubar

Reaction score
Hogskin  Really cute kids! That pic of them must have been when they found out the results of the Big Game Drawing. Thats exactly the same reaction I always have.           Fubar

Nino

Reaction score
Congratulations!
Now where is that ultra sound button on the OWL PF?!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom