Check Your Negatives (Part 2)

Richard Webb

Reaction score
When I hold some of my false trigger negatives up to a high intensity light I can see deer out there in the dark that are not on the glossy print. The first pic is a scan of the glossy print from COSTCO, and the second is a scan of the negative using the HP Transparency Attachment. I had to  click "Underexposed" with an editor to bring out the deer image a little better for PhotoPoint, but the original HP scan of the negative shows a perfect deer image. For some reason PhotoPoint dosen't send back the same quality as I send to them, so I had to "Over expose" the flash.

This is the deer image crop.

(Edited by Richard Webb at 10:36 pm on Aug. 26, 2001)

Matt in MO

Reaction score
That neat Richard! Tell us more on how you did this - are you scanning the negative on a flatbed scanner set to "Transparency "?

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi Matt - Yes, it's a HP flat bed scanner, and it came with an attachment that I never used. By the way, I seen that attachment priced separately for $99, and the plastic templates for $20. When I try to edit a scanned glossy print there isn't much that can be done, but with the scanned negative I actually can cut the Owl PF's flash, or like in the case above, increase the flash. It's a good thing that I'm retired, because it will take a lot of time to go back over my negatives.  

gizz

Reaction score
Thanks Richard. I have one of these that cam with my Scanner - called a LightLid. I never messed with it very much though. Maybe I'll read the manual and give it a shot.

Top Bottom