Chest freezer

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Just returned from 4 days in Vegas and one of my freezers has water coming out it and one side appears to have less ice build-up than the other however, the unit appears to be running and everything inside is still rock hard. We had no power outage while gone. Unsure what my best play is here. Any ever see this with a chest freezer that doesn't have Auto Defrost? Just to be safe I will transfer the meat (mostly bison roasts) to another freezer and see if it will freeze water. Just seems weird. I did learn it was unusually hot and humid here...my A/C is acting up too.

Revo2811

Reaction score
It could be condensation from the humidity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1Predator

Reaction score
Have an appliance repairman check the coolant pressure in your freezer. A small leak in one of the coils could cause condensation (like a frosted beer mug :toast-yellow: drips water). He can fix any leaks and recharge the refrigerant if needed.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
It could be condensation from the humidity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You nailed it but it was the A/C unit dumping water from high humidity which flowed in a unique path that made it appear to be coming from the freezer. Gotta feeling replacing a freezer would have been the cheaper option. Arrgggg.

solus

Reaction score
Just buy a new chest freezer and dont worry about. In fact ill take your old one lol

P304X4

Reaction score
Check your insurance policy for appliance coverage some agencies will pay part but the deductible is high. Some coverage is better than none.

Top Bottom