Christmas Food Traditions

cjack

Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you have Christmas traditions that stem from the kitchen. One recipe that I try to make every year is a pastry that my mother made every year around Christmas time called "Apricot Horns", a family and friends favorite. Although I have only been hunting and providing fresh venison to my friends and family for about 7 years now a "Venison Chili" recipe that was shared with me by a fellow JHOer a few years back has become one of my favorites. This morning I got up and prepared this recipe for Christmas day.....thanks to ltdan!

I thought it would be fun to have some of you share your family Christmas traditions from the kitchen.

20171225_065344.jpg

Attachments

dthome

Reaction score
Looks good, cjack. It's either lasagna or prime rib around here.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
I have been making a large pot of clam chowder for years around the holidays. Since we did not have it for Christmas this year it looks like it will be on New Years.

Stevehazard

Reaction score
I made the mistake of making divinity... now everybody I know is like some crazed drug addict around the holidays demanding I make it.

KTKT70

Reaction score
I made the mistake of making divinity... now everybody I know is like some crazed drug addict around the holidays demanding I make it.
Lol. Not many folks in Cali even know what it is. My aunt makes it in Texas. It is my dads favorite candy and he usally gets a box made just for him. Where did you get your recipe? I wonder how much the vary over time and different places.

Common Sense

Reaction score

Mom use to make it every year, I really miss it. Guess we'll all go to Steve's place nextyear!

Smithb9841

Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you have Christmas traditions that stem from the kitchen. One recipe that I try to make every year is a pastry that my mother made every year around Christmas time called "Apricot Horns", a family and friends favorite. Although I have only been hunting and providing fresh venison to my friends and family for about 7 years now a "Venison Chili" recipe that was shared with me by a fellow JHOer a few years back has become one of my favorites. This morning I got up and prepared this recipe for Christmas day.....thanks to ltdan!

I thought it would be fun to have some of you share your family Christmas traditions from the kitchen.

View attachment 90438

Can you Post up that venison chili recipe?

Frank X. Morris

Reaction score
Howdy All,
I try not to get in a rut, so I try to throw a different tv dinner in the micro each year.

cjack

Reaction score
Here you go Smithb9841............by way of ltdann!

20171226_033118.jpg

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
First time making smoked Venison /W green chili Tamales !!!
they were the Bomb !!!

Top Bottom