Chuckar

GOBBLEMASTER

Reaction score
Anyone been overrun by chukars while out and about?  Not sure whether to hit the rocky slopes or chase the valley quail next week.  The rainfall was pretty good last spring in the mojave.  

Just curious.  thnx.

oh ya. sorry about the spelling.

(Edited by GOBBLEMASTER at 10:43 pm on Oct. 8, 2001)

hronk

Reaction score
I got 4 in Nevada today.  I saw more birds today than I did all last year in one of the areas that I hunt.  Go east of my house about 30 miles as the Crow flies.....hronk

JustBob

Reaction score
Those were probably the birds they STOLE from California because we didnt need them or some stupid thing.

hronk

Reaction score
Yup, They looked like Stockers to me.......hronk

Whoadog

Reaction score
 I am going to the first annual llewellin chukar hunt somewhere in Washoe Co., NV on Nov. 3&4.  It will be my first experience with wild chukar and I can't wait.

Brian

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Whoadog, Wild Chukar are a blast, they fly like a F16 and run like the road runner. My Dad & Brother went out to Red Mountain, they got 6, but there were way to many hunters in the same area. Good luck with your on Nov. 3rd & 4th.

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Thonzberry,
You said it!!!
Red Mountain looks like the invasion of  Afganistan. In 25 years I have never seen so many hunters there before.  Better keep my secret spot secret!!!

QALHNTR

Reaction score
A couple of hunting buddies went up for the X9C opener.  Nothing going on for deer, but they did come back with limits of chuckar.  Nice looking birds too.  They were up on the bypass road out of Independence.  Wishing I was there!

Mojave

Reaction score
Last season was pretty slow for Chukar, but I have heard reports of them in the Shadow Mountains this past few weeks. Haven't seen them there for a number of years, so I am planning to scout around this weekend. I did see one fly through my back yard (mocking me) 2 weeks ago, but I have a number of neighbors that regularly raise (and lose) game birds.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
I was in the Ord Mtns last weekend with Foulshot and my father in law.  We were out there for 2 days and bagged 4 birds.  We saw others in the area who had dogs and they did much better than we did.  One fellow had limits the others seemed close.

Top Bottom