Chukar populations recovering?

strato-caster

Reaction score
While I am hearing very good news about our native quail population in many of the areas I hunt, I am curious as to whether or not anyone can provide a current update as to what is going on with the chukar population. Following the banner seasons of 2004-2006, my friends and I saw the birds simply vanish toward the end of the 2006-2007 season and chose not to pursue them last year in order to let them rebound. Seems like this past winter and spring rains should have helped with cheat grass and insect production.

Any news?

sean english

Reaction score
Oh god I certainly I hope so. I am going to go on a scouting trip in August. I will keep you posted.

5standjake

Reaction score
It looks like its going to be a good season for chuks this year. I have done a couple of scouting trips and have seen some good numbers. As far as last year goes I saw some big coveys of chuks and did very well the best being the last day of the season but i put some miles on my feet and my dog was outstanding at locating the chuks.With the price of gas right know its very expensive to go as much as i would like.But if you want to find the chuks you have to put the time and effort. I am very excited about the upcoming season and wish everyone the best of luck.

Jake

GreekDrake

Reaction score
I agree with Jake, its looking like its going to be a better year, however buy a new pair of boots you are going to need them.

best of luck.

Top Bottom