Chukars galore!

goindeep

Banned
Reaction score
I just got back from my first deer scouting trip of the year. I am looking for a couple of particular bucks I seen While chukar hunting last year, I figured I might stumble across a couple of chukar in the area also. I just made it to the first little knob where they like to hang and i busted 2 seperate hens with 8+ half grown fully flying baby chucks. I jumped scatterd pairs here and there aswell as heard them in nearly every canyon. The grass was tall, thick and green still to boot. looks like its gonna be a good year up in nor-cal.

brushstomper

Reaction score
Sweet!!! Sounds like you killed two birds with one stone. Completed two scouting trips at the same time. Hope you find the bucks also.

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
Goindeep....I agree!! The area behind my house is lookin REAL good. I am seeing A LOT of birds. We have got a VERY ABNORMAL amount of rain within the last 3 months and it has helped the birds, BIGTIME!!!!

My neighboor works for NDOW and I went out with him last week to check on the Sage Grouse that they collared for the states research project. In 3 hours, we located over 50 Sage Grouse (Granted thats using modern research equipment). The signs are looking good, hopefully it will stay this way when the season rolls around.

Top Bottom