CIA director Petraeus resigns after affair with biographer Paula Broadwell turned up in FBI probe .

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Oh my! Ya think General Petraeus is regretting the title "All In" for his book now?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/09/petraeus-resigns-as-cia-director/

easymoney

Reaction score
I am just wndering about the timing of this and the fact he was about to testify on what happened in benghazi. Now obama's next in line appointee will be doing that.
Fabulous general and commander, yet got caught with his pants down. At least she was a looker, not a monica lewinsky type...

easymoney

Reaction score
[h=2]Cover-up at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue[/h]
According to two well-vetted sources with intimate knowledge of the CIA operations and events in Benghazi, the resignation of CIA Director David Petraeus is directly related to the testimony he was expected to provide before a closed-door hearing next week before the Senate Intelligence Committee. Sources close to the controversy, citing the need for anonymity due to their positions, stated that Barack Hussein Obama was aware of the CIA director’s indiscretions “long before” the November 6, 2012 elections, and knew about the FBI’s investigative findings weeks before the election, but “erected a firewall” to prevent any disclosure before November 6th.
http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/print-friendly/50976

Well, well, guess I'm not the only one who thinks this whole episode of, days of our lives, stinks...

dblsmk

Reaction score
I just don't understand all the hoopla about this. The generals fooling around should be brought to light and then....So What! It's now a matter between his wife and the effects it will cause within his family. His leaving of office seems to be another action of misdirection designed to pull heat away from the topic of the time, Benghzi.

Rob P.

Reaction score
I just don't understand all the hoopla about this. The generals fooling around should be brought to light and then....So What! It's now a matter between his wife and the effects it will cause within his family. His leaving of office seems to be another action of misdirection designed to pull heat away from the topic of the time, Benghzi.
Actually I think his resignation was brilliant. All done; no more smut or dirty laundry value to the newsmongers. And I don't think the resignation is in any way a misdirection. The affair clearly had nothing to do with Benghazi or Petraeus' decisions.

dirtpoor

Reaction score
Actually I think his resignation was brilliant. All done; no more smut or dirty laundry value to the newsmongers. And I don't think the resignation is in any way a misdirection. The affair clearly had nothing to do with Benghazi or Petraeus' decisions.
Rob, what do you know that we don't know? It doesn't seem strange to you that they kept this affair secret and in their back pocket until they needed it to avoid having the general testify, other than the affair he seems like an honorable man and would probably tell the truth, scary thought!

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
I want someone to tell me why it was considered necessary for Petraeus to resign over an affair when it wasn't so for Clinton.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
IMHO, someone was blackmailing Petraeus and he just outed himself to get in front of the whole thing. Brilliant move? Time will tell.

As to who? Obama's crew? Political animal under Petraeus in CIA? We're talking spook community so nothing can be taken as it appears. And what about the polygraphs the spooks all take annually about their personal lives? They do polygraph the boss right? If so who checks the results. The FBI is involved in the probe, who knows what bumbling they brought to the table.

map

Reaction score
I think Obama did the right thing.

Sent from my iPhone/Tapatalk

Rob P.

Reaction score
Rob, what do you know that we don't know? It doesn't seem strange to you that they kept this affair secret and in their back pocket until they needed it to avoid having the general testify, other than the affair he seems like an honorable man and would probably tell the truth, scary thought!
Ok, so what exactly about Petraeus having an affair would prevent him from testifying? And, what exactly about his resigning would prevent him from testifying?

And if he's an honorable man why wouldn't he tell the truth about Benghazi? Whether he had an affair or not how does that affect what decisions were made over the consulate attack? You think someone is going to say that because he was off banging his bimbo he wasn't available to lead the defensive operations? If that's the case, where was his 2IC?

Secrecy theories tend to be on the level of Chicken Little crying wolf or some such metaphor.

easymoney

Reaction score
It isn't about him having an extra marital affair(many people apparently do), it's all about the coincidence of the timing of his testimony, the apparent mishandling of the whole episode and the pending presidential election. Many questions have been asked but the actual answers are few and conflicting. What did the CIA, FBI, POTUS and the national security team know and when? We have heard several stories yet none add up and it is even more intersting this was at the exact crux of a presidential elelection.
We as the dumb voting public have been able to put together from all the vids available that a well planned and well armed terrorist attack took place against our sovereign soil and the killing of four Americans took place, not a supposed random unorganised attack because of a little seen anti muslim video. The rest has been just so much spin and lying...
The truth of the matter is, as the congressional investigation and the FBI and CIA investigations of what really happened in benghazi and who was responsible will come out, maybe not this week maybe not this year, but it will be made public. Barry and his administration will not be able to deny or deflect this forever. Hillary has already excused herself from testifying. Subpoenas are coming, mark my words...

Last edited:

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I think Obama did the right thing.

By cutting them folks loose? They used to frag officers for that. I'm sure the next SEAL team or ambassador will think twice about sticking their necks out very far since they know the cavalry may not come this time. What a morale booster for the troops knowing your CIC is a handwringer and worried more about PR and how the video will play out on CNN. Reminds me of Klintoon and Peanut Boy. Les Aspin and Colin Powell got nervous and pulled the AC-130 gunships out of MOG and we ended up with Blackhawk Down. Deja Vu all over again.

Also, Congress can subpoena ANYONE. Patreaus can claim National Security and the testimony may be taken behind closed doors. Who knows what's going to play out. Funny how his affair is front page on MSM but Benghazi is a distant memory for them. Where's the cry for investigating Obama's role in that debacle and impeachment if warranted?

easymoney

Reaction score
Jeff, you nailed it. Thanks for all your service...
It is really simple, answer the questions and protect our outposts. There is no logical reason why this happeneda at all, other than political. Barry got re elected and now no one else is to blame, no bush, no republicans, no democrats, just barry and his appointees... He holds the keys and is driving the machine...

Bullfrog 31581

Reaction score
Ok, so what exactly about Petraeus having an affair would prevent him from testifying? And, what exactly about his resigning would prevent him from testifying?

And if he's an honorable man why wouldn't he tell the truth about Benghazi? Whether he had an affair or not how does that affect what decisions were made over the consulate attack? You think someone is going to say that because he was off banging his bimbo he wasn't available to lead the defensive operations? If that's the case, where was his 2IC?

Secrecy theories tend to be on the level of Chicken Little crying wolf or some such metaphor.
One possibility is that if he had damning testimony against Obama, it would look like sour grapes.

map

Reaction score
Jesse,

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), head of the Senate Intelligence Committee, walked back her statement Friday that she wished President Obama had not accepted the resignation of CIA Director David Petraeus, during an appearance on "Fox News Sunday."

"He did the right thing," she said of Petraeus' decision to resign. She added that she thought the president had no choice but to accept his resignation.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/feinstein-on-patraeus-he-did-right-thing

Last edited:

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
I thought Tiger Woods and Kolby B. Were idiots for cheeting on there hot wife's, but after seeing Petraeus wife I don't blame him for cheeting, he deserves to be a five star general, love conquers all!....tra

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
I want someone to tell me why it was considered necessary for Petraeus to resign over an affair when it wasn't so for Clinton.
Very good question. Can't wait to hear the answers.

Rob P.

Reaction score
One possibility is that if he had damning testimony against Obama, it would look like sour grapes.
Sour grapes? For what?

a) That he was possibly aware of the attack in real time and didn't get orders to deploy the gunships? That's not sour grapes, that's following orders to wait until he is given direct orders to move. NO ONE can fault him for that (if it's true) so he didn't need to resign to protect anyone (even Obama) for the failure to protect the consulate.

or,

b) Sour grapes for not getting orders to deploy so he resigned for a fake reason because of the election cycle cover up to protect Obama's failure to protect the consulate? Huh? Sorry, that one's too twisted to even try to follow.

map

Reaction score
Petraeus has pubic hair on his brain. That's all there us to it.

Top Bottom