Cibola Sportsman's Club

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
We are going to Cibola S C next week and I thought I would ask if anyone has been there in the past couple days?

What are the #'s and should I bring my deeks (they never seem to have anough).

The last time we went I fell asleep in the blind  (partly due to the poker game that Dr. Bob kicked my but at) and missed the action of the day... three spoonies swooming the pond only to get scraped by a couple of hung-over retired LAPD guys next to us.

Back to the question... If anyone has a recent report I would be greatful.
sp

Fubar

Reaction score
wingman I was at Farm Unit II on the Refuge Sat. Four of us got 5 Honkers. Sunday the wind came out of the East and pushed most of the birds away over the river. I havnt hunted The Sportsman club but I have heard they are doing well. There are new birds arriving all the time. I think the total is probably up around 8000. Are you going to hunt the North or South Club? I will be there hunting the refuge again this weekend,          Good Luck              Fubar

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Fubar,
Thanks for the reply. We will be at the South Club  w/about 10 hunters and I have my doubts as to the reports on the CSC web site.
Do you know Dr. Bob? He said this is going to be the best hunt of the season (where have I heard that before?). I have alot of respect for him but I still have a feeling that the birds have already arived and the new birds may be few and far between.

Oh well, I've always said the worst day of hunting beets the best day of spending time w/ the wife (possible exception...Chucker hunting @ Red Mtn.)
Thanks again,
sp

Fubar

Reaction score
wingman I know who he is but I dont know him. I guess they have their good days and their bad days, Sat may have been good for them but I dont think they did well on Sun. I cant say for sure, but I know the East wind was blowing the geese far away from them over the river. Some friends of mine hunted with him last year on the south field and never saw a bird.               Fubar

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Fubar,
Thanks again!
I'm Driving up w/the DR. on the 27th and he is pretty confident the hunt will be successful(with the late winter & all).
I will post the results when we return.
sp

fowl Shooter

Reaction score
My friends hunted a field off Baseline Sat and Sunday. Sat-0 goose egg, Sunday 14 honkers 7 shooters. I have res#8 for farm unit II 1/15-1/16. Will hunt island unit field and private field from 1/11-1/13.

Fubar

Reaction score
fowl Shooter  Sounds fun. Good Luck.             Fubar

Fubar

Reaction score
fowl Shooter We put out 20 dozen last weekend and it worked pretty well.

Where is the new little hunter? Whats the holdup?
        Fubar

fowl Shooter

Reaction score
yesterdays Dr appt. indicated ETA X-mas. I may get a shoot in this weekend(wister) but I'll have to take my cell phone with me in case the ole water breaks.

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Fowl shooter,
Congratulations on the future hunter!  I was hunting the sea when my wife went into labor and I still get a ear full from those "non-hunters". Lots of respect to ya. You are a true hunter!

sp

fowl Shooter

Reaction score
I had ressie#3 for opening day at wister when my middle one was born. I shot my limit by 7:00am and floored it back to St Joseph in orange made it by 30 minutes. BTW, I did stop the truck when I let her off at the ER entrance friday night.

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Fowl shooter,

I bevieve that gives you Legend status among Hunters.

I shared your post w/my future x-wife and she got mad at me.

Anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

sp

Top Bottom