Clark Fork Outfitters 2013 Idaho Big Game Hunts

ID Mtn Man

Reaction score
We are coming off of a very successful 2012 season and are already gearing up for 2013. Opening week of our rifle combo hunts is already full but we still have some great hunts available. Prices for 5 day hunts with meals, lodging, guide and trophy care are:

Bear: We have all color phases of black bear and hunt them over well established baits and/or with hounds. 50%+ color phase.
$2300 single hunter with 1 guide
$3500 pair(2) hunters with 1 guide
May 1-31 & Aug 30-Oct 31
2012 success-89%

Fall Archery Combo: This is an opportunity to hunt elk, w/t & mule deer, bear, lion & wolf and only buy 2 tags.
$3300 single hunter with 1 guide
$4500 pair(2) hunters with 1 guide
Sept 6-30
2012 success 56% (on one animal).

Late Season Rifle Combo: This is an opportunity to hunt elk, w/t & mule deer, bear, lion & wolf and only buy 2 tags.
Oct 25-29
2012 success 100% (on one animal).

Deer Rifle Rut Hunt: This is primarily a whitetail hunt but Mule deer is open through Nov 9 and either species can be taken with our general deer tag.
$2300 single hunter with 1 guide
$3500 pair(2) hunters with 1 guide
Oct 30-Dec 1
2012 success 100%

Shiras Moose: Moose hunts are dependent upon drawing a tag, if you would like to moose hunt please contact us for assistance applying for a tag.
Sept 15-Dec 1
2012 success 100%

We are a small operation so success rates may be based on only 1 or 2 hunts.

We also offer Mountain Lion and Bobcat hunting however our earliest available dates are in early 2014. Please contact us for details on cat hunting.

Feel free to contact us and check out our website @ www.clarkforkoutfitters.com

Leon Brown
208-290-3087
plottpower@gmail.com

Attachments

ID Mtn Man

Reaction score
We have a last minute special on a couple spring bear hunts, the possible dates are May 12-25 and we have reduced the price to $1800 for a single hunter or $2800 for 2 hunters with 1 guide.

Leon Brown
208-290-3087
plottpower@gmail.com

ID Mtn Man

Reaction score
Special pricing on a few remaining fall hunts

Got a few hunts left on the table for this fall so I better get a special up on them.

We have room for a couple archery combo hunts (elk, mule deer, whitetail, color phase black bear, mountain lion & wolf) between Sept 9 & 13 and room for 1 single hunter or pair with 1 guide between Sept 16 & 20, these are the actual hunting days. Regular price $3300 for a single or $4500 for a pair. We will reduce the price by 20% making it $2640 for 1 hunter or $3600 for a pair.

We also have room for a single hunter or pair of hunters with 1 guide for a bear only hunt over bait only Sept 9-13 and a single hunter or pair of hunters with 1 guide for bear only over bait AND hounds Sept 16-20 or Sept 30- Oct 4. Regular price is $2300 for a single hunter or $3500 for a pair of hunters with 1 guide, we will also reduce the price on these hunts by 20% making them $1840 for a single or $2800 for a pair of hunters.

Thanks people, there are a lot of new good pictures on my facebook page and my Clark Fork Outfitters facebook page if you can find us on there there, if you need me to email originals I can, let me know.

Leon Brown
Clark Fork Outfitters
208-290-3087

Last edited:

ID Mtn Man

Reaction score
Idaho Spring 2016 Bear Hunts Available

Who is starting to think about spring bear hunting? We still have openings in the prime part of spring season from May 15 - June 15. Now is the time to make plans for a spring bear hunt, it will be here before you know it! Our prices are very competitive, you won't find another hunt this good for the same price anywhere, we have baited camp based hunts starting at $1900 per person all meals included, our hound hunts are an especially good value compared to most outfitters in Idaho. High success rates, high percentage of color phase bears, 2 bear options, bait hunting, hound hunting, spot & stalk hunting. Get details & prices at www.clarkforkoutfitters.com or give us a call at 208-290-3087 (Leon) or 208-304-7324 (Molly). Here are a few pictures of some particularly nice boars of all color phases we have taken out of this area over the last few years.

Last edited:

adam32

Reaction score
Any trading hunts for having the hunt aired on TV and some advertising?

ID Mtn Man

Reaction score
No Adam sorry, one of the ways we keep our hunts at the prices they are is by limiting our advertising cost to a very minimal budget.

adam32

Reaction score
No Adam sorry, one of the ways we keep our hunts at the prices they are is by limiting our advertising cost to a very minimal budget.
It would be no cost to you, just trading.

ID Mtn Man

Reaction score
It may seem like no cost from the outside looking in but we have to pay for the guides, food, fuel, bait, maintenance, use fees, insurance and the list goes on. I certainly don't want to bicker with anyone but my time has a value as well, I have done filmed hunts in the past and have decided it is not something I am interested in anymore, sorry.

adam32

Reaction score
It may seem like no cost from the outside looking in but we have to pay for the guides, food, fuel, bait, maintenance, use fees, insurance and the list goes on. I certainly don't want to bicker with anyone but my time has a value as well, I have done filmed hunts in the past and have decided it is not something I am interested in anymore, sorry.
No worries. I thought you were thinking you would have to pay for advertising.

I'll look into paying for one myself for the show maybe next year, I think an Idaho bear hunt would be a blast!

ID Mtn Man

Reaction score
That would be great Adam, we have a good deal on a spring hunt right now so I will copy the info here for you or anyone thinking they would like to get out this spring.

Alright folks, the time has come for us to make someone a great deal on a spring 2016 bear hunt! I need a hunter or pair of hunters for a camp based spring bear hunt the week of May 22-28 and I am willing to give a 20% discount to anyone who can hunt that week, right now we are at $2500 for a single hunter or $3800 for 2 hunters ($1900 each) the 20% discount would make a hunt for 1 hunter $2000 or a hunt for 2 hunters $1520 each. There is 6% sales tax on our fees and each hunter needs a license & tag which totals $196.50. A second bear can be added to any hunt for $750 upon harvest of first bear.

I am willing to give a 10% discount to anyone who wants to book for the week before or after that (May 15-21 or May 29-June 3).

Our spring hunt at camp is primarily a bait hunt but there is the option to do some spot & stalk hunting as well. All the baits have ladder stands set up within easy archery range of the bait and most are set up so that either right or left handed shooters can hunt out of them. Baits are started 2-3 weeks before any hunters arrive and maintained daily the week before hunting begins as well as throughout the hunts to ensure plenty of activity on the baits. We have all the different color phases of bears as well as quite a few that display white markings on the chest, last year we took 50% color phase bears and 75% were boars. Success on a first bear is between 80-90% most seasons, last year was the first season we were able to take a second bear as well and out of the hunters who went for the second bear success was 66% on the second bear.

Camp consists of wall tents with outdoor carpet floors, cots for sleeping and a wood stove for heat as well as other essentials such as propane lanterns etc, there is a shower tent with continuous hot water supplied by a Honda pump & a propane fired on demand water heater, there is also a cook tent with a dining table as well as both a wood stove and a propane range/oven. Our hunts include all your meals, beverages, etc, the main course for each evenings meal is prepared by my wife Molly in our kitchen and kept frozen until needed in a chest freezer at camp which ensures hearty delicious meals after every days hunt, the freezer also allows us to freeze hides, meat, etc. right there in camp for transport.

I have price checked our hunts against the listed prices on every Idaho outfitters web site I can find and I know they are the best value for the dollar on the market today, we keep our prices reasonable by not paying for expensive advertising or trade show booths etc, we rely heavily on return clients and word of mouth (6 of the 8 hunters we have booked for this spring are return clients).

Let me know if you are interested, we have lots of other options including fall hunts, lodge based hunts, hunts with dogs, etc. but this is a good deal to get out there this spring on a quality hunt in some beautiful bear country with a very well established outfitter at a reasonable price. You can read some testimonials from past clients on our web site, we can also provide references if you would like.

Leon Brown
208-290-3087

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
No worries. I thought you were thinking you would have to pay for advertising.

I'll look into paying for one myself for the show maybe next year, I think an Idaho bear hunt would be a blast!
What show do you film/produce Adam?

adam32

Reaction score
What show do you film/produce Adam?
We are sponsoring The Real Deal with Marc. It will be on the Hunt Channel on Dish. We are supplying them with 4 rifles in exchange for advertising, commercials etc. But I also worked in the deal for us to be part of their ProStaff and for our hunts to also be aired. Should be an interesting next couple years!

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
Adam, I harvest a lot of animals, I'm a prolific poster; I could use a long range rifle, and I sure could promote it well. I think you guys should sponsor me. To top it off, I don't need 4 rifles, just one.

Top Bottom