Class of 2008

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Around here the graduations are going crazy. Local HS is June 11th. Who's graduating in your family this year? Let's see the grad pics?

Congrats to Class 2008

Modocer

Reaction score
Ranchwife here~
Thursday was our 8th grade promotion ceremony and our guest speaker at the ceremony was a sargent that had recently returned from Iraq. Earlier in the year, our school had gathered care package stuff for his unit and sent it to them while they were in Iraq. Our principal introduced him to the audience and he came to the podium. People were clapping, but then I noticed it wasn't stopping. I looked around only to see the audience rising, the students rising, and the applauding not diminishing. He brushed tears from his eyes. We all wiped tears from our eyes. He was applauded for about 2 minutes. At the end of his speech, he saluted thanked the class for supporting him and his troops, then he saluted them. Again, the audience rose to their feet in another 1-2 minute standing ovation for his service to our country. I was proud of our community and students for their support of this man, but was more pround of his support and protection for us.

I know this wasn't a picture of a graduate, but I wanted to share this story. I still get choked up now retelling it to you.
May God protect and bless the people who so bravely serve and protect our country and other countires.

Litch

Reaction score
Great story Ranchwife! Good to hear guys like that being honored in the way your community did, well done!

chapgirl48

Reaction score
I always feel a swell of pride and get a lump in my throat hearing those kinds of stories.

I hope this is not the exception, but the rule in all our communities. We should never take our freedom or those who defend it for granted.

Thanks for sharing Ranchwife!

elmer fudd

Reaction score
Congrats to all the grads.Dave that was great seeing this video,It was very emotional.

Rodney Hood

Reaction score
Dave,

Wow...what a tear jerker! That was a great video. Thanks for sharing such a intimate moment in your families life. You have a lot to be proud of!!!

God bless your wife for her service.

Top Bottom