Classless....

Reaction score
I received a call from a buddy of mine that was walking around an area near Julian on Sunday afternoon. He said he was walking back to his truck when he happened upon a bird that someone had shot and removed had its tail, beard, and legs. This is sick! What kind of ignorant, classless, so called “hunter” would do such a thing?

This is exactly the reason why hunters get a bad wrap. Much of the public areas that we all hunt, double as hiking and bird watching areas. If one of those people happens onto a scene like this, word of mouth spreads and more restrictions are placed upon us.

This infuriates me. I, for one, am not out there after something to hang on my wall. The thrill of the hunt alone and deceiving these magnificent birds into gun range much more rewarding then a trophy. And when you do take a bird, pay the animal some respect. Don’t just leave the carcass out there to rot….

I know I’m “preaching to the choir” here, but this made me MAD!

wingbone_2003

Reaction score
Simply dishearting why even hunt,i just don't get characters like this and they definitely are not hunter's in my book!

Glass eye

Reaction score
Did it appear to have been shotgunned ? Maybe it was found dead and they removed the body parts.

jhuhtala

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Maybe it was found dead and they removed the body parts.[/b]
That's what I thought too, I've seen a couple nice toms dead on the side of the road that I was tempted to do the same with. Still, if that was the case they could have at least kicked it a few yards in the process so that it wouldn't be found by someone just happening along to it and perceiving it having been from some idiot hunter.

Top Bottom