clear liquid plastic

bat

Reaction score
I think this is available, don't know for sure.  Could you drill a hole for the focus and day sensor and use clear liquid plastic or silicon or even Goop(clear) to fill this hole instead of using glass etc.?  Would it work?

come on people I know somebody out there knows the answer to this question?

(Edited by bat at 11:43 pm on Mar. 18, 2002)

bat

Reaction score
It's a sad day when you have to give the only reply to your own question.  Must have been a ''stupid'' question and I still don't know the answer.  Come on gurus give me something.:help:

Stever

Reaction score
I tried using glass from a picture frame and also plastic from a CD case. Nothing compares to a uv filter lense glued on

Rooter

Reaction score
I am no expert, but I think the materials you mentioned would distort the amount of light and would probably block the AF sensor altogether.  I would stick with plastic, lexan, or glass.  I would think they would be fine for that, but a UV lense/filter wouldn't be that much better to justify the cost.

Rooter

bat

Reaction score
Thanks Rooter and Stever, Stever I think you might be confusing my question with the Shutter opening instead of the other two small sensors.  I put a UV over the Shutter but I'm just wondering if you really need that quality of a glass over the other two smaller holes?  Anyway I got me one of them fancy dremal tools this afternoon so I can put just about anything I want to now.  Thanks for answering fellows.  Happy Caming.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom