Climate panel on the hot seat

easymoney

Reaction score
Facts, schmacts who needs facts...

"To better understand this potential threat, the World Meteorological Organization and the United Nations created the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in 1988 to provide a "comprehensive, objective, scientific, technical and socioeconomic assessment of human-caused climate change, its potential impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation."

"In a 2001 report, the IPCC published an image commonly referred to as the "hockey stick." This graph showed relatively stable temperatures from A.D. 1000 to 1900, with temperatures rising steeply from 1900 to 2000. The IPCC and public figures, such as former Vice President Al Gore, have used the hockey stick to support the conclusion that human energy use over the last 100 years has caused unprecedented rise global warming."

"However, several studies cast doubt on the accuracy of the hockey stick, and in 2006 Congress requested an independent analysis of it. A panel of statisticians chaired by Edward J. Wegman, of George Mason University, found significant problems with the methods of statistical analysis used by the researchers and with the IPCC's peer review process. For example, the researchers who created the hockey stick used the wrong time scale to establish the mean temperature to compare with recorded temperatures of the last century. Because the mean temperature was low, the recent temperature rise seemed unusual and dramatic. This error was not discovered in part because statisticians"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...95001/home.html

Looks like al gores chicken little global whining campaign is losing steam and credibilty...
Maybe he should have stuck to politics, where he can hide the facts and no one would ever question him...

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Not in the least surprising. many of us already figured out that "global warming" is just another political "shell game"..

The only mystery left for us is..how much damage will these idiots do to the US and it's economy, before they are proven to be lying ?

easymoney

Reaction score
The problems they are creating are being seen right now at even the lowliest levels of government interference. Here in my county the planning dept has even included "global climate change" in a draft EIR for a 111 housing project. Imagine not being able to utilize ones property becasue of these fraudulent claims by algore and the rest of the tinhat crowd.
I think the law suit being considered by John Coleman against algore will clear the air and show just how little fact is behind this sham. He will be made to show proof in a court of law, not just some heresay in a book or movie he is profiting from...

Sodhunter

Reaction score
I would contribute to a fund to take this to court. I have heard many conservatives even falling for this crap. Facts and theories are two different animals and Gore is a theory spewing fact claiming jackass that SHOULD be sued because he is hurting this country. If we could change the climate of this world we would probably make it warmer to get more land and crops. The fact that this nonsense is already costing money and that Al Gore and their stupid carbon credit industry is profitting is a crime! Next decade when the sun starts burning out and we are all afraid of global cooling again He will say it's caused by too muck pollution somehow. He wants to tax everything and control where the money goes bottom line that is all this is about. I am going to go post in the pet peeve thread I think cause this global warming crap fries me!!!

Top Bottom