• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

climbing stand

Revo2811

I’ve had the summit viper for about 7 years now works great. Takes a little practice at first.
After a while you’ll be up in about 5-7 pulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping this thread would get more responses. I've been looking at them to, not ready to take the plunge yet, just looking. The last issue of "Bowhunting" magazine had an article about "Tree Saddles". I guess they've been around four a while and more companies are making them now. Anyway it's an interesting concept, one of the advantages talked about is that there's more versatility in tree shape and size.
If you want to check it out, here's a video of a guy getting up in a tree in something less than 10min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7BEGdx3uv8

Last edited:

flytrue

Thanks, I checked them out online. They look good. I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet.
I’ve had the summit viper for about 7 years now works great. Takes a little practice at first.
After a while you’ll be up in about 5-7 pulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAMX

I didn't think many people using stands here in West, especially CA. I use to use them in PA when I was a teen. We use to build ours back in those days.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
I didn't think many people using stands here in West, especially CA. I use to use them in PA when I was a teen. We use to build ours back in those days.
Yeah, like Chris, I'm surprised to see you asking, but then your locations isn't filled in, so you may not be in Kali.

I have a 20+ year old API Grand Stand Magnum Supreme. I would buy another in a heartbeat, but I don't have to lug it as far as most of you guys. If I climb high enough, I can often see my truck from the stand. Sometimes, I leave it on the tree for the next hunt, so I'm not up against the same obstacles you guys are. It's rock solid; I'll give it that. And SUPER comfortable!

TheGDog

If you're considering a Tree Stand, you'll want to also check into and research possibly using a Tree Saddle instead. They look kinda neat. And much lighter.

flytrue

I saw my buddy try a tree saddle last year. I was not impressed. It looked too tangly, (just made that word up, but you get my meaning), and uncomfortable for any length of time. The Viper climbing stands are 20 lbs! That's light.
I'm in California, Mendo county.

Top Bottom