CLOSE CALL AND CAM SCENT CONTROL

woodseye

Reaction score
As I went to check on  my cam one day I came across atv tracks heading for the river. Didn't pay much attention till they crossed where I did. On the other side they went right towards where my camera was watching a stream crossing. I couldn't believe they made it across the water but over to logs and right to in front of my cam where a huge blowover stopped them. Almost afraid to look I checked for my cam and there it was! I thanked the LORD,I had just made it thru every camers worst nightmare. Later When I had the film devolped(I really do wait till the roll is at least over 20 pics) I saw how close I had come.THANK GOODNESS FOR FULL COVERAGE HELMETS!! I just discovered those charcoal sheets they sell to descent your hunting clothes are great to cut to size and use in your cam to suck-up those resin-plastic-battery-film-and other totaly unwoodslike smells. To many big tracks in the snow going around my cams! Got to get more scentless.

(Edited by woodseye at 5:23 am on Jan. 31, 2002)

MBullism

Reaction score
You think these two guys were following the scent to your cam?  

:wink-yellow:

woodseye

Reaction score
NO DOUBT! MBull    They probably smelled that circuit board a mile away HeHeHe    No danger this year. Beavers dammed it up,at least 5 feet deep now.hmmmmm...deer won't be crossin there no more I guess.LOL

woodseye

tdhunter

Reaction score
woodseye, Keep a eye out right below that beaver dam. I have a couple honey holes where deer are crossing right below a beaver dam. I only recently built a camera and the river has been up ever since but when it goes back down I'll put one at the crossing. Glad them 4wheelers didnt get your cam.td

woodseye

Reaction score
Good tip. THANX.... I'll check it out this year, Its not any easy river to cross and the deer will have to funnel down to where they can cross.Woods on one side large clover field on the other. A natural.

Later  woodseye

bmulley

Reaction score
Very good...I'm glad nobody messed with your cam.  I do like to take the optomistic view that the youngsters seen the flash, realized there was a cam there, and got out of the way and respected the owners property. :sun-shining:

Advertisement

Top Bottom