close range/heavy brush

Rob

Reaction score
I just saw something about flash bounce.  I already cleared a spot to set up my camera, the spot is about 4' wide and 12' long on a heavy brush trail. I'm after fox or cat.  Are my pictures going to come back way over exposed? Should I put scrim or diffuser over the flash?
Also I could not find and good camo tape to cover the camera so I used the duct tape then sprayed it with Matte paint (2 coats), has anybody else done this.

jayber

Reaction score
I found camo duct tape at an Ace Hardware store and used that on one of my camera boxes.  Was a bit more shiny than the cloth tape, but didn't turn out too bad.  Have never tried painting the tape however.  Hope it works out for ya!!

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi Rob - I use CamoShield found on the rack where you find rifle patches & gun cleaning kits. It comes in a 4 inch roll, and you can reuse it a few times. When looking at a trail cam at a distance just about any thing that is the right color will do, and up close anyone can see a box tied to a tree. If you are using a PF then flash bounce will be a problem, and we are all waiting for a solution.

Top Bottom