Close the Patent Office ! ! !

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Well, a few months ago I about thought the Cams had reached their highest level of developement when along comes Jaggermax, JoeD, Hamiltoe, Brian, and others to throw in On Board Computer's which are comparable (or exceed)  Archy's ancient "Not-So-Basic" timer he came up with last year.....

Gizz threw in a Cam-Corder and now Brian, along with others have evolved into Digital Cams.....

We almost had Kites flying on the Cam Forum, Wonder what'll be the Norm in another 6 months? ? ?

Heat seaking SpyCams on Anti-Gravity, low attitude conveyances that find and attach them selves to Boone & Crocket buck horns...

Tinhorn

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Amazing, isn't it.

Nothing like "Team" effort.  

Share the wealth.

ToddP

MBullism

Reaction score
I thought the anti gravity thing had been solved!!

Thanks to all the pioneers that started this brainchild, and to those that keep breathing life into it and keeping it growing.  I'm electrically/electronically challenged and couldn't have built any of these things without the work here so generously shared.

Much appreciative,

M

mkacala697

Reaction score
how bout a mini survellance cam on a remote control base that can rotate and be monitores from  the net or television?

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Yes this site is pretty amazing.

Now that you brought it up.  How about a cell phone in a camera that would link up to your home based computer and download all the pictures it had taken in the past 24 hours without you having to go out and check it.  Don't laugh I am looking into it as I write these words.
I think the technology is there I just have to tap into with minimal cost.  Cell phones are relatively cheap now.

There is already a way to use a cell phone to download GPS location data which is digital information so why not digital picture information.  I don't know if it possible but I am going to look into.  Maybe in 6 months or a year I will have it done.
Who knows?

Everyone keep the ideas coming and we will keep giving them a try.

A salute to all that reside here.  The veterans and newbies.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Brian you have read my mind. I have often thought about that and you could have streaming video.I have thought about using a cell phone that way, one thing that stopped me from going further is my cell phone don't pick up on my property.
Maybe an antenna????   :ideablue:

wfontjr

Reaction score
i have a great deer crossing about 300 to 400 yards behind my house, i would like a wireless camera on the crossing, an alarm, monitor and vcr in the house to get live video after motion is sensed, most of the wireless stuff i have read will not go that far, and boosters seem a little pricey

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
Tinhorn if you can make your squeaker grunt instead I would like to try this.
A cam that would grunt or bleat a few times a day might be interesting.......

Welby

Reaction score
Yes, it is amazing how far we've come.

Eagle Eye, I think I might know just how to do that grunt call thing.  Lohman used to make (they may still do) a grunt call that was nothing more than a plastic rotating gear in an echo chamber that would fit right in the palm of your hand.  When you turn the gear, it would click against a plastic tab.  For bleats, you turn the gear fast and for grunts you turn the gear slower.  

I have one of those calls, and it actually does sound pretty authentic, even though it's not "breath powered".  I don't think it would take too much ingenuity to hook one up to a small motor and a timer.

Any takers for this idea?

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi all,
I always wanted to try out Richard Webbs idea of using SSTV (Slow Scan TV) HAM radio transmitted images.  You do need the "high end" radio ticket though :(

Archilochus

INshedpicker

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe voice recognition is on the horizon to solve some security issues that have been discussed lately, hmmmmm.

homer

Reaction score
Brian, If anyone can do that I'd say you can do it.I'm amazed everyday when I log on to see what you guys are up to. Thanks

Tinhorn

Reaction score
while doing a search for something I ran across this year old post and got a kick out of it so thought I'd bring it to the top......

Tinhorn

Archilochus

Reaction score
An idea that's been floating around in the confused waste ground that passes for my brain.....

A few wide angle PIRs to cover 360 degrees ....

A motorized rotating platform like used on pan/tilt video cams....

Some code to point the cam in the "general direction" that motion was sensed at. Motion detection would need to be shut off during movement - and the mechanical bits would have to be QUIET!

bat

Reaction score
hmmmm one of those cell phone with the video calls on it hooked to a pir so that when it detects it dials a preset number to my phone with the video on it while I'm setting in my tree stand.
not bad, want be long now. Somebody will come up with something like that I'm sure. bat

vinemaplesavage

Reaction score
Thanks for the post Tinhorn , I almost forgot my underwater cam. I have a plywood mock up made of the box and need to take to welder for next stage of idea. This one will be simple IF it works

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
The work bench is very full indeed.

I have talked with a radio ham guy here locally and asked him about helping me put together a radio control for transmitting video at 2.4 Ghz from the woods to my mom and dad's house so I could log this video with a server and then see it on the web.

Probably will not happen any time soon but I sure would like to have one that worked. I have seen things like this out there already but I would like to build one myself.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom