Closest wild Pheasant Hunting on Public Land

Bill in SD

Reaction score
Where is the closest, good, wild pheasant hunting on public land from San Diego?

I know South Dakota is good, however it is about 1,400 miles each way from San Diego.

Would Idaho have some good public Pheasant hunting? How about Nevada?

Thanks
Bill

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
since you threw in good - that changes things a bit. The Imperial Valley has decent pheasant hunting. Only 90 minutes away too!

BigDaddyB

Reaction score
Good does pose a problem, public another. Most of the property in the Imperial Valley is private, but the farmers don't post it ALL.
The Sacramento valley would be the next good pheasant ground, there are some public lands up there, there are co-op hunts and wild bird public hunts also.
The San Jaoquin Valley has Mendota, Los Banos and a few other public areas, that has pheasant, good or not, is a ?
If you're talking a road trip, Oregon and Idaho along the Snake River has some good pheasant grounds. Oregon opens in October, Idaho in November. I did Oregon a couple of times and would love to get back up there. There is awesome chukar hunting also, as well as quail and waterfowl, Huns and Grouse.

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
IN THE IMPERIAL VALLEY I KNOW THAT WILDLIFE UNLIMITED HAS SOME LAND THAT HAS "GOOD" FOR CALIFORNIA PHEASANT HUNTING.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom