Co cow tags, where to go ?

wingNit

Reaction score
No draw for a bull tag, And I here there are Co. cow tags.
Where would you start not knowing the state ?
Maybe the fish and game dept.

I see Co. has leftover any sex tags on sale today..We dont have an idea where to hunt in Co. Maybe there's a bull tag out there yet ! any help is appreciated..

thanks

Attachments

COHunter

Reaction score
If your just after a Cow, try GMU's 4, 5, & 441

Lots of Elk up there

dirtpoor

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Wingnit, maybe I don't understand the question,I'm sure you know there are over the counter bull tag's available in Colorado right ? As far as where to go the state is wide open with plenty of elk, depending on how you like to hunt, there is a lot of opportunity in Colorado, you can bust a gut and really earn your bull or if you prefer you can 4-wheeler it and still be successful go to the Colorado fish and game website for usefull info , and if you are still confused e-mail me and I'll do my best to further confuse you ,usahunter@aol.com , Bill

wingNit

Reaction score
Thanks, no I didn't see that.. I tried the CO. leftover tag site, but it didn't work for me. I better try again.. Thank you much..

Dirtpoor,I tried e-mailing you..it was returned as undelivered.
can you try to e-mail me ? thanks

wingNit

Reaction score
I FOUND LEFTOVER BULL TAGS IN 7 & 8..NW of Ft. Collins. Wow, anyone know about this area ? Its 9K to 12K high..
How about access ? The charts show a few ranches..
I wonder if we can camp there ..
There are many tags. Is it a cluster shoot ?

Thanks for the chance to ask.

COHunter

Reaction score
I havent really heard anything about 7 or 8 for Elk. There are much better Over the Counter Bull tags than that area IMO. I would look at 4, 12, 24, 211, and 441 for Elk.

Just go to Wal-mart and buy your tag

wingNit

Reaction score
Co. Hunter.. I see the area around Craig has tags..I think we'll scout there in sept. for a weekend. If I'm seeing this right, the success rate is better too. We called some ranchers listed for trespass tags..This is great. There may be place for us to backpack away from the crowds. Thats hard info to get. Like offering up a fishing hole to a stranger..he he. Thanks Much, Lew

Latest Posts

Top Bottom